Port Canaveral - just stay on the ship?

babywewe

I'm thinking i dont really want to do anything at Port Canaveral ....how are docked days on the ship....? nothing to do .... or pleasantly quite?

I was also wondering if there was anything to do there just off the boat at the peir?

I was also wondering if there was anything to do there just off the boat at the peir?

To my knowledge there isn't much of interest in the immediate area occupied by the pier. However, very close by is Cape Canaveral / the Kennedy Space Center offering various tours all of which are worthwhile!

You can also arrange for local transportation to The Lone Cabbage Fish Camp and treat yourselves to a Florida airboat tour followed by an authentic "down-home" style meal at their rustic restaurant. They even offer fishing at their pier...

I would like to go to KSC but I saw the tour from the ship is 7hours.....we are not long tour people....is it easy enough to get a cab(and affordable) and just purchase a shorter tour(which I saw listed)?

Renting a car would be the cheapest way to go to KSC on your own. There are several companies who will have shuttle vans in the parking lot, just ask the drivers about special rates for port of call rentals. You don't have to take a tour at KSC, you can just pay for admission & look at the displays for as long as you want. The IMAX movies are great, no matter which one they're showing.

You can also arrange for local transportation to The Lone Cabbage Fish Camp and treat yourselves to a Florida airboat tour followed by an authentic "down-home" style meal at their rustic restaurant. They even offer fishing at their pier...

Been there..... complete waste of time and money. The shore excursion described it as being in the central Florida Everglades and seeing wildlife and birds. We saw 2 birds and about 5 alligators all from a distance. Once they sensed the boat they went under the water. We did see a cow. The 100 year old Lone Cabbage Fish Camp is just an old building.

Archived