Honeymoon cruise ahead- I need help!

brose

I have cruised several times before, but this has to be different. We are going to San Juan, St. Thomas, Nassau and Grand Turk. We have a favorite in Nassau but nothing really in the other places. We want to just go to the beach; we don't need water sports or to be entertained, just a fun relaxing day. Any suggestions on where to go/what to do?

Grand Turk - beach is right off the ship. Can't miss it. The farther you walk down the beach, the less crowded it is.

St Thomas - Magens Bay or Sapphire Beach are both good beaches. Will need to take a taxi to get to both.

San Juan - Walk to El Morro. A good 20 minute walk but you get to experience Old San Juan and all the great Old World architecture and cobblestones. There's also a free trolly that goes to and from there. Bacardi distillery tour was also fun. It's across the bay and you'll need to take a ferry. The ferry is right by the cruise terminal. Once you get across the bay, you'll have to take a taxi to the distillery. The tour is free and you get a couple of free drinks.

As someone with over 17 yr living in STT and STX I do not advise going over to STJ unless it is a ship sponsored tour or you plan to leave STJ at least 3 hours before sail away.

The ferry ride is a good 15 min ride and and then you have to factor in STT traffic and rush our is no joke especially with several ships in. The poster right above me gave some better options.

I have cruised several times before, but this has to be different. We are going to San Juan, St. Thomas, Nassau and Grand Turk. We have a favorite in Nassau but nothing really in the other places. We want to just go to the beach; we don't need water sports or to be entertained, just a fun relaxing day. Any suggestions on where to go/what to do?

We are doing our "honeymoon cruise" too :) You said you have a favorite in Nassau? May I ask what that is? Nassau has us a bit stuck.

In Nassau we love to go to the British Colonial Hilton. Get off the boat and walk through the city going towards the right. It's about $40 per person but you get it all back with what you get while you are there. Google it and you should find a map.

we have done this itinerary several times; without knowing you, here is what I would suggest:

San Juan - you can get off the ship and walk (its a good walk) up to El Moro (a great fort) and along the way hit some of the local shops, restaurants and historical churches. San Juan is very fun and you'll hit some really neat festivals and stuff along your walk - stop in one of the many local little restaurants and have some sangria ;) If you walk up to El More, then walk along the water and enjoy the sites.

Grand Turk - You can stay in the pier area; they have all sort of shops and a HUGE MargaritaVille. You can rent a cabana, we have done this on several occasions; this is a great way to spend a day - they are located just next to the pool and a bit more private. The cabana will be air conditioned and comes with a wait staff for any beverages/food that you would like. Or you could get away from everything and walk a bit further down the beach (an easy walk) and spend the day at Jacks Shack, its a local little bar with decent pub food; located on the water and has lounge chairs free of use, they also have their dog "Tofer" who is a big part of the entertainment for the day.

St Thomas - we like to go to Saphire Beach, its a bit removed from the rest of the crowds. A great resort and the water is nice and calm, you can walk around the bend and rent jetskis for a few hours. You could also do a private tour of the Island and spend a few hours at many of the local beaches. St Thomas is very populated and unless you leave the downtown area, you miss the beauty of the Island.

I know you said you go and enjoy BCH in Nassau however, we have done the Sheraton for years and like that much more - you should try it. Again it is removed from the downtown area and is about a 7.00 taxi ride - the resort allows a day pass for 25.00 (I think that is the right price) and you can use the resort and several pool areas; we always find that its a nice quiet day and located on a nicer beach than BCH

Hopefully this helped, please let me know if you have any further questions, I'll try to answer, this is a great itinerary - CONGRATS on your wedding

• 3 months later...
In Grand Turk you can a golf cart and zip around the island on your own.

In San Juan- the Parrot Club restaurant is not to be missed! Also the beaches at the Rio Mar and Luquillo Beach are terrific.

What is the best way to get to these beaches? Walk or is a taxi required?

If we take a taxi there, I am concerned about getting back! How does that work? I've never done it that way before.

Just like you would in mainland US. You can either call a dispatcher, give your original driver a time and ask him to come back for you, or just grab a new one. When we have been there have been taxi's at the beach entrance waiting; it's their income so they know the port schedules.