Turkish Visa-visiting Ephesus / Kusadasi, Turkey

I am holding a Chinese passport, and will board Grand Princess on August 6. I understand that the cruise will stop by Ephesus / Kusadasi, Turkey for one day. I do not have a Turkish visa. Will that be a problem for entering the country for just less than 10 hours? Please help. thanks.

If China signed the Schengen agreement, you do not need a visa into Turkey.

I received some info about this from Princess for our cruise next month. I will check to see if China signed the agreement when I get home and post unless someone posts the info first.

I'll be on the Grand for the August 18 cruise and received information about the Schengen agreement. According to my pre-cruise information, those holding Chinese passports will require a multiple entry visa. You might wish to call your travel agent to assist you, since I believe it requires contacting more than one consulate. Hope this helps.

My sisters and I will be on the same cruise and were looking for information on a visa in Turkey as well. We all hold Canadian passports, and we have booked the 1/2 day Ephesus excursion. Any info?

I do have a valid multi-entry Schengen visa. My wife has a Canadian passport. I checked the information that Canadian passport holder can be granded a landing visa at the port of entry. I am not sure if Chinese passport can do the same.

• 2 weeks later...

For Canadian passport holders - no visa is necessary unless they are starting and/or ending in a Turkish port

(But if Canafdians are starting and or ending in Turkey - visas are available at airport & port for fee)

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to seem like the slow one in the group, but I want to make sure I understand this BEFORE I leave for my vacation :D ...

As long as we (Princess passengers) are returning to the ship the same day we arrive, we do not need visas? I have an U.S. passport, but no visa. In 2002 my ship (Navy ship, that is!) pulled into Marmaris, Turkey for 4 days and we were allowed free reign on the town - no passport or visa required. Perhaps it was a deal negotiated because we were military, and obviously American (and obviously not staying behind:rolleyes: )...

Thanks again! BTW - I LOVE thes boards! So much information - I love it!

Archived