Cas Abao Beach in Curacao- How hard to get there from ship?

Sunshine143

Hello! I am going to Curacao on the Carnival Breeze and after doing some research I fell in love with Cas Abao Beach. Has anyone been there? What would be the best way to go? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

We walked up to a cabbie and asked him to take us to the closest nicest beach. Have no idea what it was even called, but we went up over that big bridge, and he took us somewhere. It was just like the Palm Beach area of Aruba, with no hotels.

And he came back for us.

Hopefully, someone has better info for you.

When we were in Curacao we went here:

http://beaches.curacao-now.com/playa-porto-mari-port-marie.html

We reserved a car (there were four of us), and the car rental place was right at the pier. The drive was maybe 20-30 minutes, and easy. We also so lots of interesting sights on the way there and back! I'm not sure how long you'll be there, but we started the day early walking around town, then came back and rented the car, went to the beach and came back with plenty of time to spare.

The beach was beautiful (I believe the beach is primarily crushed coral...killer on the feet, so take water shoes), great snorkeling and coral near the shore, lots of fish. Not at all crowded. There's a small dive shop that will rent snorkel equipment. Also a nice bar/cafe. We had a wonderful raspberry beer there!

Have fun on your trip. Curacao is one of our favorite places. We are considering a land based trip there.

Have fun on your trip. Curacao is one of our favorite places. We are considering a land based trip there.

This is great to hear! Get some good advice on Tripadvisor or even here - any questions you might have, just give a shout!

Thanks! I will take a look at rental cars. Seems like the way to go. We will be there all day (until 11pm!) so it would be nice to be able to explore.

Cas Abao is a wonderful beach, our favorite on the island.

Keep in mind that the beach closes at 6 p.m. so don't get there very late in the afternoon.

Archived