Vantage zHolland March 16 2006 ANYONE

bratsuzy

Hi Bratsuzy - We are leaving August 1st for Vantage's Holland to Hungary cruise on the Odyssey. First timers for a river cruise. We booked last August. May I suggest you email every town you will be visiting and ask for a city map and anyother brochures that will "make your visit more interesting" That works as I have all that for every city/town we will be in. Go on Yahoo or Google search and type in (example) Bamberg.de.

That should bring up Bambergs home page - look for a listing called contact or kontact...that brings up an email box. Worked for me. Willard

p.s. Tell them you will be visiting their lovely city this fall...that way they should get the material out sooner.

• 4 weeks later...

hi:

THIS IS ARE SECOND TIME DOING A RIVER CRUISE ITS A LOT OF FUN. THEY GIVE YOU ALL THE MAPS YOU NEED ON BOARD THE SHIPS.THERE VERY HELPFUL IN THIS WAY. PLUS THE MANAGER IS ALWAYS THERE TO HELP YOU.

THERE IS NOT MUCH FREE TIME ON RIVER CRUISES.

YOU ARE N FOR A LOT OF FUN

SUZY

• 5 months later...

I have not been in March, so I am not speaking from experience.

If you want to see the Tulips of Holland, you will want to go mid April to mid May. According to information I found on the internet, that is the best time of year for enjoying the Tulips. Many of the river cruises advertise special low prices in March, but they don't tell you about the Tulips. Don't intend to offend anyone, just trying to share some of the facts I have found.

See this page for more info:

http://www.tuliptime.com/faq/

http://cruises.about.com/cs/europe/a/keukenhof.htm

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Have taken 3 trips with Vantage. On one we were on the River Odyssey on the Danube. You know all the specs from the brochure. Plenty of space in your cabins and public areas were nice. We found the food excellent, great staff-especially program managers, top notch included tours. Dress up only two nights. The women "outdreessed" the men who often wore sportcoats with or without ties. Local guides and quality of transportation was very good. They usually split a bus load (40 people) into two groups for walking tours. We like Vantage so well that we have booked a 4/1/07 Holland and Belgium In Bllom cruise.

• 1 month later...

Archived