How far in advance do you watch for storms

• 2 weeks later...

I'll give you the lay mans POV. I don't watch for them until 2 weeks before my trip- they are very unpredictable and usually don't last very long in one spot so I just monitor any activities progress. I always buy a solid trip insurance package and if something looks like it will definitely affect my trip I will call them. Luckily I've never had to call them for a hurricane, bu I have been reimbursed for flight delays etc.

I am travelling this year during hurricane season, and since I am leaving from NYC (which I consider to be a hurricane zone thanks to Irene and Sandy), I am taking no chances. We've already purchased our trip insurance and can cancel once the storm is named as early as 72 hours before our trip. We can be reimbursed 150% if Carnival cancels the cruise, have missed connections blah blah blah.

Get trip insurance (if you haven't already) and happy cruising. Don't drive yourself crazy looking at the weather channel during hurricane season ;)

I'll give you the lay mans POV. I don't watch for them until 2 weeks before my trip- they are very unpredictable and usually don't last very long in one spot so I just monitor any activities progress. I always buy a solid trip insurance package and if something looks like it will definitely affect my trip I will call them. Luckily I've never had to call them for a hurricane, bu I have been reimbursed for flight delays etc.

I am travelling this year during hurricane season, and since I am leaving from NYC (which I consider to be a hurricane zone thanks to Irene and Sandy), I am taking no chances. We've already purchased our trip insurance and can cancel once the storm is named as early as 72 hours before our trip. We can be reimbursed 150% if Carnival cancels the cruise, have missed connections blah blah blah.

Get trip insurance (if you haven't already) and happy cruising. Don't drive yourself crazy looking at the weather channel during hurricane season ;)

Regarding trip insurance, do you purchase from a specific company? How do you know what insurance covers and does not cover?

Archived