Help clothing issues............

Whirlwind

WE are going on August 5, 2005 Alaska...I know august is summer , so do we were bright colorful clothing...........days at sea, shorts? or capris or something like that/???// Shore days????????what is definates to pack for Alaska.....thanks

Good question, I haven't been on a cruise to Alaska in 22 years and I'm facing the same thoughts for our July 22 cruise on the Mercury. Also, do they crank the heat up on the ships and try to roast passengers???? :eek: I know the formals will be the same but on sure about the other days.:)

We just got back on the 9th, I would guess you will have about the same weather temp wise. There only time we put on our jackets was when at the glaciers. A sweatshirt/sweater was just fine for evenings when it was on the cool side.

No, they don't crank up the heat, if anything just the opposite. Shorts, capri's are just fine for most days. It is Alaska but it isn't the frozen tundra. Like I said take a lite jacket and plan to layer, have a great time.

Check the weather a few days before leaving. www.weather.com will give you a 10 day forecast.

It's probably warmer than a lot of people realize. We had temps in the 70s, rain only when in Ketchikan and Juneau (not all day, just for a while). We even kept our balcony door open all night. The only cold day was at the glacier.

As far as clothing goes, wear what you would normally wear at home during the day (not the clothes you wear to do yardwork, however!) Evenings are pretty much like any other cruise.

Archived