Limited Mobility

livingitup

Can anyone offer suggestions on very budget friendly (possibly free) things to do at/around port area. We are a party of 2 ladies and both of us will be using mobility scooters. Can we experience the beauty of the island on a limited budget and with limited mobility?

There are a number of shops right at the Cruise Facility, and my recollection is that at least many of those (perhaps all) are accessible, but you'd probably want to venture into downtown Philipsburg.

There is a walkway that gets you there, and should be accessible, but sometimes when 'things' happen they might be slow to replace bricks or such, but you should be good.

Once in P'Burg, you could explore the entire Boardwalk, along the beach with great views, including back to the ship, and access to a number of bars and restaurants.

A block over is the main shopping street, and SOME shops would be accessible, but, alas, our favorite shops are not. They have one or two steps up into their showrooms.

Hope this helps.

gary

There are a number of shops right at the Cruise Facility, and my recollection is that at least many of those (perhaps all) are accessible, but you'd probably want to venture into downtown Philipsburg.

There is a walkway that gets you there, and should be accessible, but sometimes when 'things' happen they might be slow to replace bricks or such, but you should be good.

Once in P'Burg, you could explore the entire Boardwalk, along the beach with great views, including back to the ship, and access to a number of bars and restaurants.

A block over is the main shopping street, and SOME shops would be accessible, but, alas, our favorite shops are not. They have one or two steps up into their showrooms.

Hope this helps.

gary

Thanks Gary for all the info. I am so looking forward to this cruise!!! Have a good weekend!

• 5 weeks later...

gary

Gary, thanks much for the response. In our case I might be pushing my Mom's wheelchair. How far is it to the main shopping street from the doc? Thinking maybe we should take a taxi to get there. Also, please share which are your favorite shops? I love to shop and so does Mom :)

Archived