Why I wont go all inclusive again

skyw

Does anyone know if there is a message board or website like CC but only for AI? We have a cruise booked for Oct 06 but we are looking for somewere to go this fall. We have never been to a AI resort or Vegas and have been thinking about both.

SoxFan (are you from Chicago by chance? Sorry, but you're talking to a Cub fan!) can you tell me if the kid activiites are as extensive as a cruise? My kids really enjoyed the organized kids activities for ALL ages on the Explorer. I'm concerned that there isn't as much to do for them besides a volleyball game or making a piece of pottery. We're talking about kids 7-14.

What do you think? Any feedback would be great!!!

Kelly

P.S. I'm strongly considering the Iberostar Lindo for a girls trip this May, I think it will be a perfect place for (middle-aged) girls go wild!

Hi Kelly, Red Sox fan all the way- I live 15 minutes south of Boston- I thought the whole world were Red Sox Fans! ha ha

Iberostar would be fantastic for a girl's gone wild trip. It's wonderful- I can't say enough about it.

As far as the kid's program, they're not great for that age group as far as my kids were concerned. It's definitely geared more to the much younger set. The first year, my kids tried it and they said they felt like they were in preschool. They had organized activities (make a sand castle, movie time etc) but no swimming etc. There were lots of girls taking part and they seemed to enjoy it immensely. The club was run by some very nice, outgoing girls who were terrific with the kids every time we saw them around the resort. My boys didn't even go the second year but for 1 day for an hour. They went for movie time while hubby and I got a couples massage.

To qualify my insight: My kids are beach bums and very active and just loved hanging out at the beach all day, riding the waves and even with the best kids club probably would've opted for the same. At night, the kid's club staff runs a kid's disco with games on stage. My boys didn't do that either- it's just not their thing. The previous year, we went with another family and their son (7) took part and loved it.

Hope that helps! I'm not saying the program was bad, it just wasn't what my 2 active boys enjoy doing. They loved the crazy "characters" who strolled the beach (Santa Claus, a downhill skier looking for a mountain, a clown, an amazing balloon animal making magician) and took part in some of the family games with us.

If you want an AI with a great kids program (and great time for parents as well) - - check out http://www.beaches.com

It's a bit more pricer than most other resorts, but it has A LOT to offer kids and parents. I've heard rave reviews about Turqs & Caicos...

I've heard great things about the one in Turqs and Caicos but not so much about the one in Jamaica. My brother went with a group (one couple was getting married and the kids ranged in age from 6 months to 10 years old). His children only went into the kids club one day. The group for the wedding was unable to be seated as a group at the sit down restaurants- they couldn't even get ressies together in advance. I would think that if 20 people came together, and a wedding was planned, the resort would have been more accomodating- especially with the prices they paid. We took 2 babysitters with us to the Iberostar the first trip. Even with paying their fare, we still paid less than a week at Beaches.

Does anyone know if there is a message board or website like CC but only for AI? We have a cruise booked for Oct 06 but we are looking for somewere to go this fall. We have never been to a AI resort or Vegas and have been thinking about both.

A good site is tripadvisor.com....tons of reviews AND forums.

We just returned from our first cruise (Explorer Eastern 6/26) after several vacations at AI. Most recently we stayed at Iberostar Pariso Beach & Moon Palace both in Riveria Maya area.

Flaglady ~~~ if I didn't know better I'd say we were following each other. We were on Explorer the week BEFORE you were, now we're looking at AI's for our next vacation! Guess which one?????? You got it, the Iberostar! You must have great taste!LOL Thanks for all your insights! Kelly

Hey SoxFan! Sorry about that "misunderstanding"! I guess sometimes I get so wrapped up in my corner of the world...I forgot about you RED SOX!

I really appreciate your candid answers! I too, have kids that are very active and that's my concern with AI's. If you have older children I'm not so sure that it's for them. But we're still thinking....thanks again, Kelly

Archived