NCL Jewel Cruise Director

thescot123

Hello, I don't know who the cruise director will be on this date but I am sailing with you! I can't wait!

Is this you first time on NCL?

Can't wait to see the Jewel as this will be my first time on her. On my last two NCL cruises we had Kyle as a cruise director. He is not my favorite as he tends to have a dry sense of humor. I tend prefer younger European cruise directors as they tend to have better jokes and can make people laugh. We had Paul Scally, from the UK, once and he was very funny despite some of his jokes being on the risky side.

Tony

We just were on the Jewel a few weeks ago - I believe it was JAIME DeSOUZA from Canada who was the cruise director. We saw her at least twice a day (and heard from her more than that on the speaker system). We thought she was very nice, a little less outgoing that some, but friendly and certainly good natured. I'm thinking she must be related to the concierge mentioned above?

Edited by RobM88

We just were on the Jewel a few weeks ago - I believe it was JAIME DeSOUZA from Canada who was the cruise director. We saw her at least twice a day (and heard from her more than that on the speaker system). We thought she was very nice, a little less outgoing that some, but friendly and certainly good natured. I'm thinking she must be related to the concierge mentioned above?

They are not related.

Jaime is a great CD - we enjoyed her on her inaugural NCL voyage (Gem) a couple of years ago.

John is from India - started out at a butler and has worked his way up to Concierge. :D

oh yes jaime!!! see rhymes with Katie! lol

Curious also as to butler and concierge.....sailing in September and October.....

There are numerous butlers onboard, each assigned to a small group of suites and they do have rotations so there is no way of knowing your butler before boarding the ship. If there is no luck here, the concierge's name you can ask from the pre-cruise concierge desk.

Jamie is awesome. We sailed with her on the Sun in 2012. She's got a very dry wit but has a wicked sense of humor. We saw her around every day. She's not a party girl type but loves her job and and no problem pulling up a chair and talking to the passengers. Glad to hear she will be on the Jewel when we sail in a couple of weeks.

Jaime just announced her engagement on her Facebook page. What a beautiful couple.

To the OP, your cruise isn't until October. You may find up-to-date info on the officers on this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=39370360#post39370360 which is kept pretty much current with officer info. You can narrow down the thread by typing Jewel in the search field.

Kyle is currently on the Gem. He wasn't my favorite CD but he kinda grows on you after a while. :cool:

There are numerous butlers onboard, each assigned to a small group of suites and they do have rotations so there is no way of knowing your butler before boarding the ship. If there is no luck here, the concierge's name you can ask from the pre-cruise concierge desk.

We are in the Haven.......any ideas as to butlers and concierge there? Sorry as I forgot there might be more than one......as we are usually in GV's.....but this time just DH and me......

And I assure that any will be great....just was really more curious as to whether we would be meeting up with"old" friends as we have enjoyed many butlers and concierges......

• 10 months later...