Anyone use EcoTours

thescot123

After having a bad experience with Coral Breeze Tours, I am looking for an alternative tour operator. In April, I found out that Coral Breeze tour now operates outside the tourism village and have switched to using a smaller open top boat with only one engine.

Does anyone know what type of boats EcoTours use and are they reliable. Is the company that now operates outside the Wet Lizard?

Trying to find an excursion for my Oct cruise and hat to pay the ship prices.

We have never used them but have the Shark Ray Alley by air trip booked with them in September... They were very helpful with answering questions and easy to book with and very thorough on your instructions on what to do from the second you step off of the boat. Also, they do not require a deposit. So if anything happens and you don't make the port, nothing is lost... I will definitely be posting a review when I get back. It was hard to find info on this exact tour so we are kind of going out on a limb with limited info but if everything goes as I think it will, it should be an AWESOME trip...

We had a not so hot experience with Coral Breeze in April, so please do post how your ECO tour goes. Thanks, and best of luck.:)

We have never used them but have the Shark Ray Alley by air trip booked with them in September... They were very helpful with answering questions and easy to book with and very thorough on your instructions on what to do from the second you step off of the boat. Also, they do not require a deposit. So if anything happens and you don't make the port, nothing is lost... I will definitely be posting a review when I get back. It was hard to find info on this exact tour so we are kind of going out on a limb with limited info but if everything goes as I think it will, it should be an AWESOME trip...

Can't wait for your review on Ecotours. It sounds like the air trip will be fun. Does the guide pick you up at the tourism village to take you to the airport?

I believe that you fly into Ambergris Caye, which I have been to about 3 times. It is a wonderful island where everyone gets around on golf carts. . Let me know how it goes.

Tony

Yeah, there will be a guide from Eco there with a sign with our names on it in the village... Here is the instructions that we received with our confirmations and flight info...

Thank you for your reservation with*ECOLOGICAL TOURS**Shark Ray Alley by Air*!

The meeting point for your excursion is located steps away from your tender*INSIDE the port of*Belize City.

Once off the tender please proceed to the*Ecological Tours*booth,*we are located at*terminal # 3.****

Our Staff*will be there awaiting your arrival.****

*** Meeting Times are all*BELIZE*LOCAL TIMES*please verify time differences with your ship before arriving in Port ***

*Your*ship*arrival times*may vary. If your ship arrives*later than expected***PLEASE MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE FIRST AVAILABLE TENDER!!*onto shore and proceed to our meeting area found inside the Port. Our guides are present at the Port well before your ship anchors and will be there to meet you at an earlier time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

Yeah, there will be a guide from Eco there with a sign with our names on it in the village... Here is the instructions that we received with our confirmations and flight info...

Thank you for your reservation with*ECOLOGICAL TOURS**Shark Ray Alley by Air*!

The meeting point for your excursion is located steps away from your tender*INSIDE the port of*Belize City.

Once off the tender please proceed to the*Ecological Tours*booth,*we are located at*terminal # 3.****

Our Staff*will be there awaiting your arrival.****

*** Meeting Times are all*BELIZE*LOCAL TIMES*please verify time differences with your ship before arriving in Port ***

*Your*ship*arrival times*may vary. If your ship arrives*later than expected***PLEASE MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE FIRST AVAILABLE TENDER!!*onto shore and proceed to our meeting area found inside the Port. Our guides are present at the Port well before your ship anchors and will be there to meet you at an earlier time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

Thanks. Let me know how it goes. Have done hoi chan before and it is fun. May consider the air route as it sounds easier than the bumpy boat ride.

Enjoy

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 2 months later...
PLEASE review your Ecotours trip since we are considering that for next year.

We had a GREAT time on our excursion. We done the Hol Chan/Shark Ray Alley by Air, the only thing I wish was different was the weather was a little better but we know you can't control that. The flight over to San Pedro was AWESOME, just seeing all the little islands and the things that are built on them and the crystal clear water was something to see. Everything was ran pretty smooth, there was a little wait at the Eco booth trying to get everyone signed in but other than that, it went off without a hitch. I have some video that I took of the flight but I haven't been able to edit it yet. I will try to get to it soon and post a more thorough review. But I would definitely recommend that excursion... Also, Eco Tours does not require any money down, so if anything happens and you do not make the tour, you are not out any money...

We had a GREAT time on our excursion. We done the Hol Chan/Shark Ray Alley by Air, the only thing I wish was different was the weather was a little better but we know you can't control that. The flight over to San Pedro was AWESOME, just seeing all the little islands and the things that are built on them and the crystal clear water was something to see. Everything was ran pretty smooth, there was a little wait at the Eco booth trying to get everyone signed in but other than that, it went off without a hitch. I have some video that I took of the flight but I haven't been able to edit it yet. I will try to get to it soon and post a more thorough review. But I would definitely recommend that excursion... Also, Eco Tours does not require any money down, so if anything happens and you do not make the tour, you are not out any money...

Thank you so much! I think we will do this in February! Does Eco Tours take you to & from the airport, too?

Last Spring we had a Goff's Cay snorkel trip booked thru Island Marketing & Eco Tours was their provider in Belize & it was a very well run tour & we would not hesitate to book direct with Eco Tours, except their tour was cheaper thru Island marketing. Go figure !!

IMHO, either one of these tour providers are fine to book with.

Enjoy Belize.

Bill in FL

Thank you so much! I think we will do this in February! Does Eco Tours take you to & from the airport, too?

Yes they do... What will happen is you once you get off the tender, you will go to Eco Tours Booth at the port and it's inside the gate. Once your group gets signed in, you load in to a van and they will take you to the air port. They will also be there waiting on you when you return and bring you back to the pier/port... Our group actually got an earlier flight back to be able to have some shopping/drinking time at the port instead of staying the extra hour in San Pedro, although I would have LOVED to stay there and look around and eat, I have heard they have some food to die for on that little island... I just finished editing our video of our flight, waiting for it upload now. Once it's finished I will post it and try to get some of the video I shot of the actual walk from the airport to the dive shop and some of the snorkel trip edited in the next week or so...

I used ecotours last year for the fly and dive. Great excursion but they forgot about us in the return. They forgot to pick us up at the airport. That being said they did give us contact info before leaving so we eventually called them and they came and got us. We got back to port at 430 - last tender time. But the line was so long I still had time to go buy chocolate before getting on the tender.

I have the same excursion booked at the end if this month but booked directly through the dive shop vs them. Aqua scuba in case anyone is interested.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Here is the link to my video of our flight... A little overcast but other than that, it was awesome !!

Your review helped convince DH to do this tour. Thank you! I hope we have good luck like you did; there are mixed reviews on EcoTours. Thanks again:)

PS, I will report back for others how it went.

Archived