Eats, drinks, and shopping!

So we are a group of 19-22, most of us over 21 actually, and we want to know what's good? We know we will be hungry and want some good Mexican food and the 21 and ups will definitely want cheap drinks. We are mostly women and loooooove our shopping so that would be nice. Lastly I hear they have cheap massages, I'm always down for that! So if anyone wants to say their favorite places or places to avoid that would be great! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I would suggest taking a double decker bus tour though the city. Listen to the guide and feel free to ask him questions.

Depart the bus and walk the three or four blocks to the beach. I think the street name is Calle 19. You will find plenty of young ladys selling massages. They usually group together and all wear the same color tops.

While walking down the street you will find plenty of places to eat and drink. You can take your pick of going inside or staying on the beach to eat and drink.

While there plenty of people will come by and try to sell you all sorts of stuff. When you walk back to the bus depot you will pass a mercado (market) where you can finish shopping.

Please remeber it's really a thrid world country and there is a lot of poverty there. You will hava GREAT time if you understand that up front.

• 2 months later...

Take the free bus into town. While on the bus they will offer you a tour of Progreso and take you to a beach on the other side of town. Includes all you can eat and drink for $35! (Tour, beach, food and alcohol)

At the beach they take you to massages actually on the beach are $25. You can get massages in town at the market the free bus drops you off at for $10-15.... Just no beach :)

We had an awesome time. I just reviewed it on my blog :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk