Malaga

Are you talking about the Alhambra in Granada.

If so, we just drove from Malaga to Granada in May.

It is an easy two hour drive. Parking in Granada is not great but

we stayed over night so it was not an issue. You should reserve Alhambra tickets online ahead of time. I can give you the site if you wish. Also renting a car is easy and not too expensive....http://www.carjet.com

I think you can take a train from Malaga to Granada if you wish.

I use a site: http://www.virtualtourist.com and post my questions directly on

the Malaga board.......great information from people who actually live there.

Marty

How far from the Malaga dock to the area with the Alcazaba? Do we need a tour to do this or can it be done with a cab? Thanks!

I have not been to Malaga on a cruise ship,but the Alcazaba is within walking distance of the city center.I would say you could do it by cab and not need a tour.If you are there for a whole day and not going to Granada or some other tour you can take the train or bus and go to Marbella or Miijas,or some of the other smaller towns which are really neat to visit.Have a great cruise.

Sorry.......did not realize you meant the Alcazaba in Malaga. We did not visit that. As I said, we went to the Alhambra in Granada but that requires an entire day.

If you have only a few hours, Malaga, city center would be good. The Picasso museum was super. I would pass on Mijas.....very commercialized.

Marbella was beautiful if you have half a day but it is still an hour drive from

Malaga. The paseo by the beach was wonderful and we enjoyed walking around old town Marbella. The gorges in Ronda were also breathtaking.

That's about an hour and a half drive from Malaga.

Again.....lots of info on the Malaga board at virtualtourist.com

Lots to see.....so little time

Marty

At pier gate just make a right and head towards the Alcazaba, you can see the castle from the pier & its about a fifteen minutes easy (level) walk. Town center is left of pier, again about fifteen minutes walk.

Archived