Questions about Internet Access.

My wife and I want to keep in touch with her parents who are staying with our kids while we celebrate our 20th on the Enchantment. RCCL gave us an e-mail address to use while on board. I assume with general internet access you can also use any of the major websites like Yahoo e-mail, hotmail, and what ever else. I just think it would be easier to use an established address. How does the pricing work for the internet as well? Thanks in advance for the help.

Dave :)

We are doing the Southern Cruise in October for our 20th anniversary and are planning on using internet cafe's to email my kids. Does anyone know if there are internet cafe's within walking distance of the ports in St Maarten, St Thomas, St Lucia, Antigua or Barbados.

My wife and I want to keep in touch with her parents who are staying with our kids while we celebrate our 20th on the Enchantment. RCCL gave us an e-mail address to use while on board. I assume with general internet access you can also use any of the major websites like Yahoo e-mail, hotmail, and what ever else. I just think it would be easier to use an established address. How does the pricing work for the internet as well? Thanks in advance for the help.

Dave :)

If you use the ships computers in the Cybercafe you can access Yahoo mail or hotmail or any other Internet based E-mail site for that matter. The cost is 50 cents per minute. I was ust on the Voyager and they were selling blocks of time at a reduced rate such as one hour for $25 which is about 42 cents per minute. The cheapest thing is to find an Internet cafe in port where you will only pay $3 to $5 per hour.

We are doing the Southern Cruise in October for our 20th anniversary and are planning on using internet cafe's to email my kids. Does anyone know if there are internet cafe's within walking distance of the ports in St Maarten, St Thomas, St Lucia, Antigua or Barbados.

Definitely in St. Marten as I used one when we were here last time. It was on a side street in th downtown area. Unfortunately, I don't know the name of the street.

I think there's one near the dock in St. Thomas, too. We usually look for one if we're walking around in port. Then if I don't find one I'll do my email when I'm back on board.

I've used my Yahoo email account for years on our RCI cruises, as I like to send news as I travel to my elderly parents.

Go into the interenet cafe and try a few of the stations. Some have quicker response time. At 50 cents a minute I was spending a minimum of $4.00 a day checking my email and sending one email to a distribution group I have set up for travel. I suggest you do this, because it takes too long to access your address book each time.

BTW: every time I'm on board an RCI ship I hear people complaining that they cannot get to their AOL accounts. I've never had a problem with Yahoo.

Archived