Falmouth with Kids

Wippi6

Hello,

We are not sure what to do. We will be on the Oasis of the Seas of Xmas of this year. We have a 3,5,13,15 year old kids. I know the Dunns River Falls you don't have to actually walk thru the falls, but if you don't is it still worth it. What about the river tubing if we didn't take the little ones, we can leave them with the G&G if we want to. I have read about the Beach/resorts from jamaicaforaday, but am worried because I have also read not to go out on your own in Jamaica.

Please let me know what you think?

Thank you to everyone.

Hello,

We are not sure what to do. We will be on the Oasis of the Seas of Xmas of this year. We have a 3,5,13,15 year old kids. I know the Dunns River Falls you don't have to actually walk thru the falls, but if you don't is it still worth it. What about the river tubing if we didn't take the little ones, we can leave them with the G&G if we want to. I have read about the Beach/resorts from jamaicaforaday, but am worried because I have also read not to go out on your own in Jamaica.

Please let me know what you think?

Thank you to everyone.

There are many reputable tours mentioned and reviewed on this board. I would skip Dunn's River and arrange to go to Coyaba River Garden and Museum, Shaw Park Garden, the Blue Hole or Mystic Mountain. Here is my album. Going on your 'own' in Jamaica would be going home with a local born like myself. Someone did on my cruise in April:D

Here is my Ocho Rios album:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99954563@N05/

If you book with jamaicaforaday, you aren't really going out on your own. Just book the transportation with the company too. You will meet a representative at the port area that will walk you to your nice air conditioned bus. You will be dropped off at the resort you choose. You will be told what time to meet the bus for the return trip. We have never felt unsafe in the port or resort areas and jamaica is one of our favorite ports!

Okay, I think that might be nice to do, but I also think it would be nice to something more than a resort/beach. I think this is on the list of possiblites just trying to see what else would be good with all the kids or without the little one possibly.

Archived