Need advice from people/families who cruise often!!!

OceanHappy2012

I am starting from scratch & need some knowledgeable cruise people!!! We just booked an anniversary cruise on the Carnival Pride!!!!!:D We have cruised before but it has been years. So I would like to know as much as possible about the Carnival Pride & cruising w/ a 3 year old!!! We are excited & nervous @ the same time, to adventure on a cruise w/ our little one. Any family cruisers w/ tips, tricks & must dos for us? Thank you kindly for any/all info!!!!!!

I can't help you about the ship, but as far as cruising with a 3 yr old I can.

Take advantage of the kids club. When you sign them up, you can get a phone that works on the ship. They will call you if your child wants to leave!

Also remember, if your child isn't a picky eater, you don't have to order off the kids menu for them. I always order my daughters food from the regular menu. I don't want her eating chicken nuggets for a week.

Don't forget that if they have a special toy they sleep with, bring it.

Don't forget the sunscreen!

If you have an inside cabin, bring a nightlight, it gets very dark in there and is hard to see to get to the bathroom at night.

If you have time, stop and get pictures taken often. I don't usually actually buy many of them, but some of them have been really good so I did.

I also usually got room service in the morning to deliver me coffee before we got ready and went to eat, I would also order a banana or box of cereal so she had a snack in the room if she wanted it.

We sailed on the pride our last 2 cruises! On the last one my daughter was 3 and my son was 2. My 3 year old LOVED the kids club. SHe went there for a couple hours a day. They also liked running around in the disco club. During the day nobody was ever in there and they always had some music on. My kids liked dancing and running around the dance floor. The kids pool was never open the entire week so that was disappointing but my 3 yr old just went in the big pool. She also enjoyed watching some of the shows with me at night for a little bit. Oh, and her favorite thing? The deck party. Yeah, my girl and I were out dancing until midnight while my husband and son were snoozing away in the room. Yes, i let her stay out until midnight dancing and then we had an ice cream cone before bed (the unlimited icre cream cones were another HUGE hit for her). I'm a terrible mom.

We've cruised on the Pride several times in the last three years, a few with our niece who was 4 at the time. She loved going to Camp Carnival, but she loved the covered pool even more. The dance club is kind of cool during the day and she had her own Chipmunk themed dance party in there with one of our iPhones. We only used Camp Carnival a couple hours a day when she was younger (now she wants to go all of the time) and it was enough to just have adult time in Serenity.

We sailed on the pride our last 2 cruises! On the last one my daughter was 3 and my son was 2. My 3 year old LOVED the kids club. SHe went there for a couple hours a day. They also liked running around in the disco club. During the day nobody was ever in there and they always had some music on. My kids liked dancing and running around the dance floor. The kids pool was never open the entire week so that was disappointing but my 3 yr old just went in the big pool. She also enjoyed watching some of the shows with me at night for a little bit. Oh, and her favorite thing? The deck party. Yeah, my girl and I were out dancing until midnight while my husband and son were snoozing away in the room. Yes, i let her stay out until midnight dancing and then we had an ice cream cone before bed (the unlimited icre cream cones were another HUGE hit for her). I'm a terrible mom.

Not @ all that rocks!!! I think ice cream & parties are great for kids, lol!!!

We've cruised on the Pride several times in the last three years, a few with our niece who was 4 at the time. She loved going to Camp Carnival, but she loved the covered pool even more. The dance club is kind of cool during the day and she had her own Chipmunk themed dance party in there with one of our iPhones. We only used Camp Carnival a couple hours a day when she was younger (now she wants to go all of the time) and it was enough to just have adult time in Serenity.

Is the pool covered even once we get to Florida???

I can't help you about the ship, but as far as cruising with a 3 yr old I can.

Take advantage of the kids club. When you sign them up, you can get a phone that works on the ship. They will call you if your child wants to leave!

Also remember, if your child isn't a picky eater, you don't have to order off the kids menu for them. I always order my daughters food from the regular menu. I don't want her eating chicken nuggets for a week.

Don't forget that if they have a special toy they sleep with, bring it.

Don't forget the sunscreen!

If you have an inside cabin, bring a nightlight, it gets very dark in there and is hard to see to get to the bathroom at night.

If you have time, stop and get pictures taken often. I don't usually actually buy many of them, but some of them have been really good so I did.

I also usually got room service in the morning to deliver me coffee before we got ready and went to eat, I would also order a banana or box of cereal so she had a snack in the room if she wanted it.

There is a ton of great tips for me & I'm thankful for the tips!!! :) I'm starting to feel good w/ taking my little one on a cruise!

I am starting from scratch & need some knowledgeable cruise people!!! We just booked an anniversary cruise on the Carnival Pride!!!!!:D We have cruised before but it has been years. So I would like to know as much as possible about the Carnival Pride & cruising w/ a 3 year old!!! We are excited & nervous @ the same time, to adventure on a cruise w/ our little one. Any family cruisers w/ tips, tricks & must dos for us? Thank you kindly for any/all info!!!!!!

You will have a great time. We have not been on the Pride but DD was 3 on her first cruise. The biggest lesson I learned was be prepared for dinner. We always pack some coloring pages, stickers, a few crayons, and a few new small toys. Each night we would surprise her in the dining room with something new to keep her busy. You can also ask the waiter to put her dinner order in before yours so she can be eating her main course while you have an appetizer. I would also grab a box of cereal or banana at breakfast for a snack. This would tie her over until lunch or dinner.

Don't worry! Take it one day at a time and just go with the flow!

You will have a great time. We have not been on the Pride but DD was 3 on her first cruise. The biggest lesson I learned was be prepared for dinner. We always pack some coloring pages, stickers, a few crayons, and a few new small toys. Each night we would surprise her in the dining room with something new to keep her busy. You can also ask the waiter to put her dinner order in before yours so she can be eating her main course while you have an appetizer. I would also grab a box of cereal or banana at breakfast for a snack. This would tie her over until lunch or dinner.

Don't worry! Take it one day at a time and just go with the flow!

TY! I plan on having a dvd player for dinner. Thats what we do in Disney World for signature meals. But I love your idea of a surprise daily!!! That way the dvd won't get old!!!! Marking that one down as well. :)

When we traveled with my Grandson at 3 on cruises, we bought a cheap umbrella-type stroller. It folded up compactly, but it was also great for getting through small or crowded areas easily, and if he fell asleep, it was great for cradling his head. He loved having room service bring a small snack like cookies and milk (night) and it was a great way to signal that when the milk and cookies came, it was about to be time for bed. We got a balcony cabin so that when he fell asleep, we could ease out onto the balcony to chat, have a snack or glass of wine without disturbing him. In the mornings, room service would bring coffee (adults) and a milk and juice and a small box of cereal for him until we could dress to go up for breakfast. It helped him not to get anxious in the hustle of everyone getting ready. New, small toys (from the Dollar Store) introduced for the first time at dinner helped to entertain him and was something he looked forward to each night.

Each kids club varies by line and even by ship. We loved the kids club on Carnival Liberty, Paradise and Disney Wonder but were meh for the Carnival Inspiration.

I'd bring Benadryl, Advil/Tylenol and Pedialyte (powdered).

Don't bring big toys (except for a lovie).

Archived