Any Teens On Voyager Christmas Sailing

We are sailing the Voyager this Christmas. It will be with a large family gathering..except we are the only ones with children. We have cruised Radisson before at Christmas and children were very scarce. I was wondering if anyone out there will be on this sailing with children.

Thanks

Hi, I had posted re: teens on the Alaska cruise in Aug. since this is our first cruise and we have an only child. No one has responded yet but after thinking about it, maybe it's a safety issue? Anyway, we're hoping there will be a few also. Where does the Voyager travel to over the holidays?

We have taken many Radisson cruises over the last 7 years. One thing we have noticed is more and more kids on each sailing. When we first took our son, age 7, we were discouraged by the line but our TA fought for us. He was one of 3 kids on board. However, 3 years ago when we took the 11 day UK cruise we were thrilled and surprised to see 2 counselors and a new Youth Activity program. We took a Thanksgiving cruise in '04 on a sold out ship and there were about 75 kids - all ages and again a great activity program. We just sailed the Mariner in Alaska June 15-22. There were over 70 kids under age 18. Our son, now 14, had the time of his life. There were 18 teens and they actually got together every free moment whether in group or on their own. We have sailed Royal Carribean, Celebrity, HAL and Disney but our son prefers the smaller groups found on Radisson ships. He says its easier to make pals.

I would bet there will be kids on the Christmas sailing. You can ask you TA to check for you around Octo/Nov and get a better idea.

Thanks alot for your encouraging response. Out of all of the cruises we have taken our kids have enjoyed Radisson the least beacuse of the "lack of" kids programs. I hope that things will be different this time around for them. It is also a nice break for us when they are kept busy.:D

Lisa, I forgot to add that on the Mariner last month there were 3 counselors - really broke the kids up well in to 3 age groups. The teen leader was very young - still in college - and our son just loved her - she could really relate to their age group. The supervising counselor, also named Lisa, was on our UK cruise 3 years ago and has stayed with Radisson. She told us that Radisson has realized that parents and grandparents bring kids - kids of all ages. And, as you mentioned, we parents are happy when the kids can go and have fun on their own. She says the company looks at advance bookings to determine what supplies they will need for the activities and what counselors will be needed. Our son left us every evening after dinner and was not back in the cabin until midnight when the activities were over - it was great for all of us:)

Archived