Recent Review of Christopher Tours Snorkel Adventure?

CDNJehn

This is our third time in Roatan and we'd really like to snorkel some different areas (already done West Bay twice). I started looking at Subway Watersports, but then came across some posts about Christopher Tours.

Their Snorkel Adventure says you start at Sandy Bay and end at West Bay with lots of snorkel stops along the way. It also says you'll have your own guide, so when you're done you can choose to stay at the beach, go to the ship, or anywhere else you might want.

Just wondering if anyone has done this tour and ...

1. How many snorkel sites did you visit?
  2. How long did you stay at each?
  3. How many people were in your group? A private guide insinuates it's just you ... but then do you have your own boat as well?
  4. How long did you snorkel for before getting to West Bay?
  5. If we choose them, can you suggest a specific guide to book?

Thanks!

• 3 months later...
Any updates on someone that has used Christopher Tours for snorkeling? We thought about adding it to private for Bodden! but sounds like it only goes to one site.

We used Christopher Tours in October. We went out in a boat from West End with a young boy (maybe 12) and a young guy (in his 20's). They went to 2 different locations but very close together. We spent a decent amount of time in the water, probably an hour. The guides excellent (and even found my mask that had fallen into the water) and we did see quite a bit. I just don't know that I saw anything I couldn't see by just swimming out the reef from shore.

The other problem we encountered is that we snorkeled first, very early in the day, so there were not a lot of fish out and about. The sun warms the water and brings out the fish, and the guides said there were way more fish to be seen later in the day.

Christopher Tours was great though. Easy to find the driver, Kevin was super nice and informative about the island (although it was our 3rd time there). We met him back at West Bay and he was ready to leave whenever we wanted. Even provided a cooler with beer, water and chips (which were delicious!).