Let's Make Upgrades Simple

IMKTDQT810

I have been reading many posts on when did the "upgrade Fairy" hit and how far out. What I didn't see what from what category to what upgrade. Yes, I'm sure it's on here...but I would like to make this a simple thread.

Please post:

Ship- How many days prior to sailing upgrade was offered- What was booked (ES, Past guest)- What upgrade was (interior to OV or OV to Balcony)-Price.

For Example:

Pride-30 days out-ES-Balcony to Ext Balcony-$200

I have not sailed yet but hoped this would make it a simple glance for anyone looking for a certain ship, category, upgrade etc.

Valor- 1 week after Final Payment due- Inside, Riviera Deck (4A) to Inside, Panorama Deck. (4H)- $40

Was also offered upgrade to 4J cabin on Upper Deck for $40, but I prefered to go to Panorama instead. If a 4J on Panorama or even Lido had been open I would have taken that for sure.

I have been reading many posts on when did the "upgrade Fairy" hit and how far out. What I didn't see what from what category to what upgrade. Yes, I'm sure it's on here...but I would like to make this a simple thread.

Please post:

Ship- How many days prior to sailing upgrade was offered- What was booked (ES, Past guest)- What upgrade was (interior to OV or OV to Balcony)-Price.

For Example:

Pride-30 days out-ES-Balcony to Ext Balcony-$200

I have not sailed yet but hoped this would make it a simple glance for anyone looking for a certain ship, category, upgrade etc.

The thing is there is no rhyme or reason for when the upgrade/upsell fairy will call or email. There is no reliable correlation by ship or category booked.

It's interesting to see what people got, but hopefully nobody will hold out any real hope of snagging one of these deals.

Book the cabin you are going to be satisfied with and you won't be disappointed with anything that happens.

And make sure that everyone that might possibly be contacted regarding an upgrade knows exactly what everyone in the traveling group would be willing to take. I see so many posts where the upgrade fairy called, but the person that answered the phone had to check with someone else before accepting and when they call back the offer is gone.

The thing is there is no rhyme or reason for when the upgrade/upsell fairy will call or email. There is no reliable correlation by ship or category booked.

It's interesting to see what people got, but hopefully nobody will hold out any real hope of snagging one of these deals.

Book the cabin you are going to be satisfied with and you won't be disappointed with anything that happens.

And make sure that everyone that might possibly be contacted regarding an upgrade knows exactly what everyone in the traveling group would be willing to take. I see so many posts where the upgrade fairy called, but the person that answered the phone had to check with someone else before accepting and when they call back the offer is gone.

Agreed

I always get a call from 2 weeks to a month out on upgrading from a balcony room to a suite and the lowest they will go is $500 most of the time they start off with $800. I had to beg them to get a aft balcony upgrade a few times the best I ever did was $80 an that. I wont pay to just move up floors I have to get something extra for my hard earned cash. But I have never had a call for anything but a ocean suite upgrade. Anything else I asked them.

In all my cruises to upgrade calls.

Paradise- From Riveria deck to empress deck $20.00 per room. 2 months out - Took it.

Paradise - Window room (forget deck) to Grand suite (or whatever they are called on that ship) 1 week out - They first offered 500. I said 100. they said no. They offered 250, I offered 125. they said Yes, - Took it

Miracle - One month out. Had an aft wrap they called and tried to offer us a suite and 125 OBC for our aft wrap. I said No Thank You.

Prior to each call, we were perfectly happy with our rooms. We always book a room, we are happy with and if we get a call bonus time, if not we love our room.

Nancy

:D

:D

by reading these boards it will sound like majority gets upgraded-- We represent less then 1% of the sailing public.

I've only received an upsell call once. Here is my post from April 2, 2012, so about 3 weeks before the cruise.

Just got my upsell call from Carnival for my upcoming Fascination cruise.... we were in an Empress deck balcony (E103) which was an upgrade because of price drop from a balcony on the Main deck. They offered a Grand Suite, still midship, different deck, for $140 total, for the two of us, total. I countered with $90 and he bit!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was kinda going along with him listening to his pitch and all, but in the back of my mind I was totally going to ask for $50 less, no matter what he said. Then, if he came in too high, I would politely decline. I couldn't resist for $90. That seriously would cost me close to $800 more than I paid if I booked it now.

Just had to share!! :D :D :D

Boo ;)

Archived