Ginza on Norwegian Sun

srussell

Hello,

Is Ginza an Asian restaurant that is open for dinner? I know they serve sushi in this area and also Teppanyaki. On the Norwegian site they say that the fee is $15.00 but sushi is a la carte which leads me to believe that there is a restaurant too.

Also, if it is an Asian restaurant does anyone have the current menu?

Thank you!

Yes, on all the NCL ships I've been on, they have a combo of Teppanyaki(hibachi), Sushi Bar, and Chinese restaurant all together in one area (they charge separately)

We ate at Ginza on the Sun a couple of times and really enjoyed what we had (also enjoyed the hibachi and sushi).

Nice to be able to order some sushi as an appetizer at a Chinese restaurant. Not an option you get very often...

so to be clear, the Ginza on the sun has sushi? would this be included, or is this a pay restaurant?

Sorry. No, sushi is ala carte. There are essentially three restaurants that all share a general area and a single reception desk usually.

Because of the proximity to the sushi bar you can order from it also when eating in Ginza or the Teppanyaki places.

In the past when the sushi bar was all you can eat and a set price like $15 or $20, some people would sit at the sushi bar and one would eat sushi and one order Chinese.

Thank you PokerDave!

I am still hoping that someone has a menu.....

Crap!!! I lied... The other 4 NCL ships I have been on all have a Chinese/Japaese/Thai restaurant to go with the sushi bar and Teppanyaki, but the Sun does not. Just was digging around for the menu figuring it had to be out there somewhere and figured that out.

Thanks Dave....I know the Sun is bit different but I still can't figure out why is says this at the Norwegian site...

This elegant restaurant features a sushi and sashimi bar, a teppanyaki room and a sushi/sashimi sit-down section. Don't be surprised by your server's authentic Asian attire. It's all part of the ambiance.

Cuisine: Sushi

Accommodates: 47

Price per Guest: $15- Sushi à la carte

What is the $15 for?

Archived