Oasis of the Seas - January 18, 2014 - 01/18/14 - Western Caribbean

Batman80

Hey everyone, I'm Brooks. I can't believe I haven't posted on here sooner... The Oasis will be my annual family trip this year. I think we have 9 cabins and 20 people going. I believe we are all in Central Park View Rooms. My Parents, Sister and I were on the Oasis last October and we all fell in love so The Parents thought Oasis would be the perfect destination for our 2014 Vacation!

I'm doing back to back cruises but not on the Oasis... I organized a cruise for a bunch of friends on the Carnival Breeze. I'm starting out in Ft. Lauderdale on the 9th and staying at the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort. I work for Hilton so I was glad to get some free rooms at such a nice hotel! Renting a Car in Ft. Lauderdale to go see all the sights with a drop off in Miami on the 12th and then board The Breeze for a 6 Night Caribbean. We go to Ocho Rios, Jamaica; Grand Caymon and Cozumel, Mexico. We get off the Ship on the 18th.... I then need to figure out how to get from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale to get on the Oasis. (Just a minor detail )

If this was my online dating profile, it would say that I'm single ,33, 6'5" and love High Performance Cars, Motorcycles, Trucks. I have an 04 Cobra, 80 Vette and 69 GMC 4x4 SB, Love All types of Music especially EDM, House and Top 40... Love Love food, music and of course traveling and cruising!... anyone else into that kind of stuff?

Anyway, hopefully there are more peeps out there that will be on this ship. 5 months from today!!! Can't wait!

Edited by Batman80

• 1 month later...

Yes, I am... Carnival Breeze 01/12/14 - 01/18/14 then get on Oasis of the Seas 01/18/14 - 01/25/14. Back to Back but on different ships... probably should have worded that differently. lol ;)

Are you on the 01/18/13 Oasis Sailing?

Edited by Batman80

• 2 weeks later...

My partner and I are on this cruise as well. This will be his second cruise with RCCL and my fourth. We are really looking forward to this trip, although a little nervous about sailing on a ship this size. We noticed your post on the Facebook page.. You made a comment to my partner about a party...LOL. So far the turnout seems kinda low.

My partner and I are on this cruise as well. This will be his second cruise with RCCL and my fourth. We are really looking forward to this trip, although a little nervous about sailing on a ship this size. We noticed your post on the Facebook page.. You made a comment to my partner about a party...LOL. So far the turnout seems kinda low.

Are you the one in a Loft Suite? I was joking about the party but would love to check out your suite. Send me a message on FB... hopefully we can meet up! :)

although a little nervous about sailing on a ship this size.

BTW, this will be my second time on Oasis... no need to be nervous. For the most part you can't really tell you are on a ship and it never really seemed too crowded. It's remarkable how sturdy she is. The only movement I ever felt was on the last couple days when we had to try and sail around Hurricane Sandy. She handled it amazingly! You are guaranteed to have an amazing time... I bet you will be hooked! My parents loved it so much that they booked the 2014 and 2015 family trips on Oasis!

• 1 month later...
Hi all; I am Tim's roommate for the cruise. Looking forward to seeing everyone on board!

~Mike

Nice man, welcome!

It's a month till I head to Fort Lauderdale for a few days before the cruise... I'm getting really excited! Are you guys staying in the area befor the cruise?

Nice man, welcome!

It's a month till I head to Fort Lauderdale for a few days before the cruise... I'm getting really excited! Are you guys staying in the area befor the cruise?

YES!

At our favorite hotel in the world ... The Hyatt Regency Pier 66!

Nice man, welcome!

A few days before my cruise on the Breeze that is... Then oasis. :-)

Do you guys have any excursions planned yet?

Not that I know of.

I'm 99% certain I will not be getting off the boat in Falmouth.

Will likely rent mopeds/scooters in Cozumel, and/or hit up a few bars.

Unsure about Labadee as well, was hoping to get a cabana, but they're all booked!

Yourself?

Not that I know of.

I'm 99% certain I will not be getting off the boat in Falmouth.

Will likely rent mopeds/scooters in Cozumel, and/or hit up a few bars.

Unsure about Labadee as well, was hoping to get a cabana, but they're all booked!

Yourself?

The ship is so big with so many things to do that there isn't much reason to get off, lol... but, I know in Cozumel we are doing a Myan Temple Tour of some sort... not sure which one though. I'm sure we will explore the other ports a little but no excursions planned as of yet.

If I hear of a cabana opening up I will let you know... I've heard that if you get off first thing and run over they usually have a few extra available that you can't pre-book.

The ship is so big with so many things to do that there isn't much reason to get off, lol... but, I know in Cozumel we are doing a Myan Temple Tour of some sort... not sure which one though. I'm sure we will explore the other ports a little but no excursions planned as of yet.

If I hear of a cabana opening up I will let you know... I've heard that if you get off first thing and run over they usually have a few extra available that you can't pre-book.

Early rising on a cruise ship isn't my forte ... my only hope in that realm would be that we dock while I'm still awake from the night before :P

Early rising on a cruise ship isn't my forte ... my only hope in that realm would be that we dock while I'm still awake from the night before :P

I like the way you think... Hopefully the same for me. :D I'm the only one in my group (my family) that likes to stay up really late so if you see me wondering around with nothing to do be sure to snag me. lol. The ship is fun as hell but I'm single this year so I'm sure to go a little crazy once my family goes to bed... Thank god I have my own cabin though!

I like the way you think... Hopefully the same for me. :D I'm the only one in my group (my family) that likes to stay up really late so if you see me wondering around with nothing to do be sure to snag me. lol. The ship is fun as hell but I'm single this year so I'm sure to go a little crazy once my family goes to bed... Thank god I have my own cabin though!

Haha yaaa. Well let's hope there's a bar or two open late enough!