Kusadasi(Ephesus) Nejat Incedogan/Nejat Tek???

I had booked Mr. Incedogan but he has informed me that he made a mistake and already had a previous reservation. He has "farmed" me over to his friend Nejat Tek......says it is the same tour, same service and of course the same price. Know nothing about Mr. Tek.

Any thoughts about Nejat Tek???

I have also read several posts about Meander Tours. I see they offer larger bus type tours. Interested if any CC members have used their services and their thoughts about Meander.

Appreciate the advice.

Marty

Recently, there have been several very positive reviews regarding Nejat Tek. A group from the Grand Princess 06/07/05 trip used him and were quite pleased. Unfortunately, I can't remember which thread I was reading when I saw the reviews. It was either here or on one of the roll call threads.

Good luck!

Returned from Galaxy's 7/4 and used both Nejets. Mr. Tet was a very wonderful tour guide in Ephesus. Friendly and very knowledgeable of the sites. I would highly recommend him. (Even got us to the Greek Village which we had planned in advance with Nejet and were very happy to be able to visit there as it was a highlight of our day. Great shopping ... local craftspeople.. and lovely scenery).

Martyap,

Here is the review of Nejat from the June 7 roll call on PRincess--very positive review. We will be taking him, too in September, and I am really excited. I believe this was posted on July 6 by Happycruiser on that roll call.

:KUSADASI: We had booked a half-day tour with Nejat Tek, [e-mail: *****] who was recomended to us by Nejet Incedogan. We could not have been more pleased. Ephesus was amazing in itself, but Nejat's knowledge only added icing to the cake [Tek, as he told us to call him, has been a licensed guide since 1970]. I think Ephesus is the place that you could only use local currency or credit cards for the entrance fee. As we did not exchange euros for the local currency we were going to use our credit cards. It seems the machine was having some sort of problem so in order to get us through faster, Tek paid our entrance fees and we just added it to the cost of the tour. Some of us had brought water; others had not. Tek insisted upon purchasing water so everyone would have it, which I thought was very thoughtful. He also took pictures of our group with each of our camers and stopped on the way back to Kusadasi at a beautiful overlook with the ship in the background so we could take more pictures. Tek offers a wonderful tour and I would highly recommend him.

On the way back to town Tek asked if we would be interested in stopping at one of the rug factories. He was no pushy but explained that rug making is part of Turkish culture and that they are very proud of their work. I am thinking no, no, no, no!; however, someone made the remark they would really like to stop so off we went. The stop is quite informative and interesting, but I knew what was coming next. I have read that even though you don't want a rug, don't need a rug, have no place to put a rug, and cannot afford a rug, if you go to the factory, more than likely you will leave with a rug, which is what almost happened. After explaining how the silk worms are grown, the silk extracted and the rugs are made we were ushered into a hugh room where we were served some very tasty Turkish apple tea. Then the presentation begins!!! All of a sudden DH is telling me to choose two of the smaller silk accent rugs . I'm thinking "have you lost your mind . There was NO alcohol in my tea, what was in yours? I can go on another cruise for what 2 of these things cost." That one remark from him was all it took to have a sales person on us like chicken on corn. I finally brought DH back to his senses and we left without the rugs. They are beautiful creations, but very, very expensive.

SHOPPING TIP: Our first stop was at the Temple of Artemis {Diana} where there were several locals selling differant items. Two of the gals in our group bought brightly colored bracelets and paid much less here than they found them at the Bazaar [i think maybe 3 each or 2 for 5]. They also had Book Markers that looked like miniature Turkish rugs, but the ones being offered as we exited Ephesus were nicer, made of silk and had Ephesus written on them; they make great souvenirs to bring home for friends, family, etc. Again, I think I paid 5E for 3 of the Book Markers; I can't remember, but don't pay what they start out asking; they expect you to haggle. There were several books about Ephesus for sale here and Nejat Tek co-authored one of them. The booth where we were looking only had one of his books left and when one in our group asked to purchase it, he gave it to her as a gift. On the way back he wrote a very nice note and autographed it for her.

ADD'L TIP: If you ain't interested in a rug, don't go to the factory.

SHOPPING THE GRAND BAZAAR: OMG, I love to haggle as well as anyone, but the process became exhausting! If you can't find what you are looking for at the Bazaar in Kusadasi, you don't need it anyway. The leather here is almost as soft as cotton and they have beautiful jackets, coats [both adults & childrens], etc. If you look at an item and then decide you don't want it they will follow you down the street still negotiating and telling you that "you breaka my heart"; after a while you are like "yes, yes, I know; I've broken the heart of everyone on this street. How much will you take for it?" There are lots of shops that have "No Hassle" signs our front and after a while those were the ones I went into. The good thing is that the shopkeepers will accept any form of payment.....local currency, euros, US $$$ or credit cards. The US $$ here is the same as the euro....go figure. Though exhausted, I managed to limp back to the ship loaded with purchases. I have been told that the Bazaar in Instanbul is even larger and more affressive; don't know if I am strong enough to tackle that one. Shopping the Kusadasi Bazaar is definitely an experience. Some found it too intimidating and went back to the ship."

Archived