Puntarenas excursion on Oct 2, on Norwegian Sun

Sparrow45

We will be in Puntarenas on Oct 2 on Norwegian Sun, as part of Panama Canal cruise (depart LA on Sep 23).

I have tried to research as many shore excursions as possible, and have decided on tour B-4, offered by OkeyDokeyTours (owner is Charlie Soto. More details on website http://www.okeydokeytours.com ). His personal responses to my e-mails have included:

“i will be your guide, , i will be w a smalll group of 8 people, tour B-4 , only $75 p.p. include soft dfrinks , fresh fruits aND AUTHENTIC costarican lunch , air conditoned van , this van can hold 20 people but i dont like to put more than 12, people, the boat hold 60 people this is a river cruise , very safe & comfortable, roof to block the sun ,and i will be w you when you take the river cruise too.” and

“for only $69 p.p. include La Roca forest to see the cappuchin monkeys, , macws place, Mango Plantation rainforest , bijagual, river, ocean & waterfalls view, river cruise crocodile man tour), supermarket for coffee & souvenirs, air con ditioned van , soft drinks , fresh fruits & authentic costarican lunch , and i will be your guide.”

He sounds sincere and trustworthy. OkeyDokey has some good (and not so good) reviews from previous tourists.

Any comments or advice?

We will be in Puntarenas on Oct 2 on Norwegian Sun, as part of Panama Canal cruise (depart LA on Sep 23).

I have tried to research as many shore excursions as possible, and have decided on tour B-4, offered by OkeyDokeyTours (owner is Charlie Soto. More details on website www.okeydokeytours.com ). His personal responses to my e-mails have included:

“i will be your guide, , i will be w a smalll group of 8 people, tour B-4 , only $75 p.p. include soft dfrinks , fresh fruits aND AUTHENTIC costarican lunch , air conditoned van , this van can hold 20 people but i dont like to put more than 12, people, the boat hold 60 people this is a river cruise , very safe & comfortable, roof to block the sun ,and i will be w you when you take the river cruise too.” and

“for only $69 p.p. include La Roca forest to see the cappuchin monkeys, , macws place, Mango Plantation rainforest , bijagual, river, ocean & waterfalls view, river cruise crocodile man tour), supermarket for coffee & souvenirs, air con ditioned van , soft drinks , fresh fruits & authentic costarican lunch , and i will be your guide.”

He sounds sincere and trustworthy. OkeyDokey has some good (and not so good) reviews from previous tourists.

Any comments or advice?

We did a very similar tour with Okey-Dokey (cappuchin monkeys, Mango Plantation, river cruise or zip lining, shopping, lunch).

It was ok. They were late to pick us up. And when they did show up, they left the sign for our group in the van. (We actually had another tour guide call them...Ricky Ricardo...who told us to book with him next time, because he was there to pick up his guests!!!)

The van was booked to the limit, including the fold down jump seats. Thankfully we had a couple of no-shows or it would have been very crowded.

They skipped the Mango plantation (unless they thought driving past it was sufficient).

Otherwise the trip was fun. We enjoyed ourselves and Costa Rica...but have to admit I would look for another tour next time (probably Ricky Ricardo!!).

I have tried to research as many shore excursions as possible, and have decided on tour B-4, offered by OkeyDokeyTours (owner is Charlie Soto. More details on website www.okeydokeytours.com ). His personal responses to my e-mails have included:

Any comments or advice?

It's been years, but we did our Costa Rica excursion with Charlie Soto and have nothing but good to say about him.

Archived