Land Rover Jungle Tour??

atljoo

Going on RCCL Explorer at the end of the month ad I wanted to know if anyone has done the Land Rover 4X4 Cave, Jungle and River excursion. I will be travelling with my DW and 2 DD's (10 & 7). Most of the RCCL tours are for 12+, and according to the propaganda this would allow us to do a pretty cool tour with our kids. We really want to use RCCL excursions because of the length of travel in Belize, and the realistic possibility of being left behind if there's a problem.

Looking forward to everyone's help picking out an excursion.

I know some people that did this tour a couple of weeks ago, they said it had rained and that made it even better us they got to take the landrovers through really muddy jungle tracks and that the river was stunning.

They had their boy aged 9 with them and he loved it, but the landrover tour website says children need to be 8 years old (http://www.belize-paradise.com/landrover.htm), so maybe not suitable for your youngest...

Ian,

Thanks for the reply. Sounds pretty cool. The website had a few good pictures to give us an idea of what's ahead. As for my 7 YO, the RCCL website let us reserve the excursion for our group. She's pretty tough, and we think she'll be OK.

Atljoo

• 2 weeks later...

I will be in Belize in a month!!!!

Mygroup of plan to do this excursion. Three of us have been Cave Tubing before and wanted something unique, but still lets us see Belize, esp. for the two who have never been.

This seems like a good time...every cruise I have been on I wanted to do a 4X4 Excursion, and now I have the $$$ and company to do it.

Has anyone done it before? I'm dying to find out if it is a exciting as it seems.

I will be in Belize in a month!!!!

Mygroup of plan to do this excursion. Three of us have been Cave Tubing before and wanted something unique, but still lets us see Belize, esp. for the two who have never been.

This seems like a good time...every cruise I have been on I wanted to do a 4X4 Excursion, and now I have the $$$ and company to do it.

Has anyone done it before? I'm dying to find out if it is a exciting as it seems.

RedMWc,

I'll be there two weeks from today. I'll be happy to post a review when we get back. That should give you a good idea of the tour, and if not good, you can do something else.

Atljoo

Have so much fun!

I can't believe that no one else on these boards has ever been, but it seems like it, huh?

PLease let me know...I can't wait to hear all about it!

Will do. We're really looking forward to it.

• 3 weeks later...
I leave in one week from today!

Atlooj...you must be coming back any day now...

Can't wait to hear about the land rover tour!

Do it! But, beware!! You will be entering dry caves on your hands and knees at times. There were a few people who backed out of the cave tour because of this. Also, the driving is RUGGED! There weren't enough cars to go around; it POURED DOWN RAIN most of the afternoon. I'l post more tomorrow, but definitely do this tour if you're up to a wilderness adventure. The end is incredible as you boat down the river Sibun River to it's mouth and into the sea for a direct drop-off on the ship. Wow!

More to come tomorrow.

Archived