Celebrity Millennium May 10, 2014 Tokyo>Vancouver

MattNYC

Posting this in the CORRECT place :p

Curious as to everyone's thoughts on the stop in Petropavlovsk.

Assuming the Russians even let the ship in (depending on what happens with Syria), we aren't thrilled about helping their economy and may just stay on the ship or just get off to stretch our legs and come back aboard.

Maybe I will put up a rainbow flag in the cabin window as an act of defiance. Or ask the pool deck DJ to play non-stop gay anthems...

Aside from that stop, we're really looking forward to this itinerary. It will be the first time any of us are in Japan (my partner and I are traveling--as usual--with his parents).

This may end up being our honeymoon cruise :D if we can get everything figured out by Spring.

Matt

• 10 months later...
Matt. Hope you enjoyed the trip. My partner and I just booked the same voyage for 2015, main concern is the weather. Was it warm enough to be deck/balconies?? Did you get bored with the week at sea??? Thanks

Unless it's a free upgrade, I really wouldn't bother paying for a balcony. We had an OV. Most of the people who had balconies were complaining. They got to use them the first few days and then the last day and a half. Too cool otherwise.

We love sea days--there was always so much to do. It was especially enjoyable since Celebrity featured their "Cruising with the Classics" program on this specific voyage (they don't seem to announce them in advance) and we had the pleasure of hearing an amazing young violinist who will probably be in all the headlines in a few years. Some of the scheduled lectures were good, but we didn't enjoy these as much as we have in the past.

I will be honest though, we disliked Millennium itself. She's taken quite a beating over the years. We'd go back to Asia--especially China--on Celebrity again, but not until they have another ship on the schedule.

Matt