Cruise ship to airport?

katie286

We are on the Fanatsy in Port Canaveral. What is the best (Cheapest) way to get to the airport from the port. Our flight is at 1:30pm. We are arriving a day early prior to our cruise so we are renting a car for one day when we arrive, but I'm afraid that by the time we get off the ship, we won't have enough time to get back to the car rental place, rent a car and drive to the airport. We don't mind to carry off our own luggage, if we do, what time should we be off the ship? Suggestions anyone??

Katie....We are doing the same thing but booked a late flight for the return so we can tour Kennedy Space Center and then shuttle back to the ship. Let us all know what you find out.

Also, I see you have traveled on the Sensation....what did you think of that cruise? My son is booked on that for Nov out of New Orleans. Any suggestions for a hotel there?

Cruzzers...we LOVED the Sensation! It was our first cruise and we all had a ball! They will love it! It was very clean and the cabins were spacious. Everything is very well laid out. We were on the 5 day out of Tampa and I guess it was about the 4th day that I got my bearings on where everything was! There is always something to do. We enjoyed the shows. One comedian was great, the other not so good, but who cares, we still had fun! You can either keep busy or just sit back, relax and people watch. We felt the food was great. We were on the Upper deck and it was a great location! They will have a wonderful time!

I'm glad the Fantasy has the same layout! It will be easier for me this time to find where things are. we ended up renting a car from budget at the airport and are dropping it off at the Budget in Port Canaveral the morning of the cruise. We will take their shuttle to the pier. Upon returning, we will make arrangements for Budget to pick us up at the port and we will rent the car to go back to the airport. Hope this helps!

katie....thanks for the information. I will call Budget and get the car rental arranged. I will also pass on the good review about the Sensation to my son and his Girlfriend. I think they will love it. She is celebrating her 21st birthday and it will be her first cruise. I just hope the hurricanes don''t tear up all the ports this summer.

Have a great time on the Fantasy!!! Who knows,, we may see you sailing around out there sometime. Cruising is very adictive!!!!!

Archived