Compensation - Millennium Alaska - Interrupted and Canceled Cruises

sandyss

Still upset how we were treated on this cruise but just booked a short cruise on Celebrity. Was rather surprised we could not use these future cruise credit coupons to pay for cruise.

Instead of simply crediting this amount against my cruise fare I had to pay for cruise and then send them the originals (no copies allowed or e mails/ fax's) for a credit against your credit card.

For anyone who has done this how long does it take to get the credit applied to credit card??

Still upset how we were treated on this cruise but just booked a short cruise on Celebrity. Was rather surprised we could not use these future cruise credit coupons to pay for cruise.

Instead of simply crediting this amount against my cruise fare I had to pay for cruise and then send them the originals (no copies allowed or e mails/ fax's) for a credit against your credit card.

For anyone who has done this how long does it take to get the credit applied to credit card??

When we reserved our cruise, we only paid the required deposit on our credit card. The remaining balance was paid using the FCC.

We had to process the FCC through our travel agent (Costco Travel). We had to send Costco Travel the original certificate (after making a photocopy for ourselves, of course).

It took about 4 weeks for the FCC payment to be applied to our cruise. Costco Travel was rather speedy in performing their part. Most of the 4-week processing period was waiting for Celebrity to do their part.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anybody had issues where Celebrity showed an amount due for cruise fare even though my FCC was for a higher amount than this fare (excluding taxes/fees)?

We re-booked for the same northbound itinerary while still onboard the 16Aug2013 sailing. Cruise fare for the June2014 sailing is $1749 (and I have booking confirm from celebrity that shows this) with taxes and fees just shy of $200. Our FCC were for $1829. Our TA applied via phone a few weeks ago, and my updated booking confirm shows cruise fare of $80 per person still and the taxes/fees.

Shouldn't my cruise fare be fully paid and I only owe the taxes/fees (less the deposit I already paid)?

Just used my future cruise credit and they shorted me $80 from what it was. Questioned why and after waiting close to a half hour they could not come up for a reason why they had not credited me for the correct amount.

Said a credit would appear on my credit card in ten days or so. We will see.

These people have been really sloppy on this whole process. They never apologized for the mistake either

After reading about these hassles think I will pass on FCC's. Celebrity, it's time to vastly improve customer service. Switching my dining to Select and my TA is doing this from home, she tells me she'll be on hold for an hour.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has anybody had issues where Celebrity showed an amount due for cruise fare even though my FCC was for a higher amount than this fare (excluding taxes/fees)?

We re-booked for the same northbound itinerary while still onboard the 16Aug2013 sailing. Cruise fare for the June2014 sailing is $1749 (and I have booking confirm from celebrity that shows this) with taxes and fees just shy of $200. Our FCC were for $1829. Our TA applied via phone a few weeks ago, and my updated booking confirm shows cruise fare of $80 per person still and the taxes/fees.

Shouldn't my cruise fare be fully paid and I only owe the taxes/fees (less the deposit I already paid)?

I hope this is worked out!! I'm finalizing plans to use our FCCs, and I was assuming it'd be an easy transaction.

PS, sad we won't be seeing you this time around!

Same issue for me.

My FCC was for $1799 and the current fare for my August 2014 cruise is $1759. In spite of that fact, I am said to owe $50 plus taxes/fees. I have tried in vain to argue this point with Celebrity and Costco Travel. It has something to do with fare on the date of when the FCC was applied - not the lowest fare or even the current fare. If I had known about this "gotcha", I would have waited until the final payment was due before applying the FCC.

In the end I decided that $50 is not worth the frustration of continuing the argument with these folks.

Same issue for me.

My FCC was for $1799 and the current fare for my August 2014 cruise is $1759. In spite of that fact, I am said to owe $50 plus taxes/fees. I have tried in vain to argue this point with Celebrity and Costco Travel. It has something to do with fare on the date of when the FCC was applied - not the lowest fare or even the current fare. If I had known about this "gotcha", I would have waited until the final payment was due before applying the FCC.

In the end I decided that $50 is not worth the frustration of continuing the argument with these folks.

I'm still going to let my travel agent argue with them at least once or twice!! In my case, it can't be related to the fare when the FCC was applied, because the fare for our sailing has been 2249 per person for a while now, an increase of $500 pp. I haven't paid the extra fare yet and do not plan to. Final payment is still a few weeks away so hopefully it will be straightened out before then.

My balance due appeared at the same time they were making a number of changes to my reservation for applying the FCC, adding back some missing OBC for booking onboard, and adding the 123GO OBC promo (which was a fight in itself).

Edited by dolson367

I was also on the August 9 trip. We have our refunds to our credit card as well:)

Has ANYONE recieved the FCC certificate yet? Does anyone know of when to expect it?

Yes we were on the Aug 9th Seward to Vancouver and recieved our full credit for cruise back on our cc within about a month. Got our FCC in mail approx 6 weeks later (thought we were told while on board it would in the same amount as we paid for the original) but nope it was cruise fare only. While on-board we booked our next cruise ..... problem I had was the person who booked us told us we would be able to take advantage of up to 2 future promos before our final payment was due (we upgraded to AQ). Well guess what..... when trying to apply the 123GoPromo we were told "No cant be done since we booked onboard...HUH??? :confused: Yeah should have go that in writing! :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Our TA called last week and got the $80 per person cruise fare removed from our booking, so our FCC was finally applied correctly and I have all other onboard offers/promos that I was expecting. I had given her the go-ahead to make our final payment if they removed the $80 pp cruise fare, so I am paid in full. Here's hoping that all stays intact until our cruise in June but I am glad to have a booking confirm showing $0 due and all my promos.

Our TA called last week and got the $80 per person cruise fare removed from our booking, so our FCC was finally applied correctly and I have all other onboard offers/promos that I was expecting. I had given her the go-ahead to make our final payment if they removed the $80 pp cruise fare, so I am paid in full. Here's hoping that all stays intact until our cruise in June but I am glad to have a booking confirm showing $0 due and all my promos.
Good for you - I'm glad it worked out!

Our cruise fare has gone back up again, so I'll be content with our current arrangement and not bother arguing again with these folks at Celebrity and Costco Travel. Paying $50 for a 7-night Alaska cruise is not something for me to get upset about (especially given the three different onboard credits we were able to secure).

Happy cruising!