Reflection Aqua Class Value

wf083145

Have to chime in that I also would be wary of paying extra for AQ on the Reflection. Perhaps one of the other ships, but not the Reflection.

There are way too many AQ suites/rooms on the Reflection. We loved AQ on the Eclispe. It was our first cruise and the experience "sold" us on Celebrity. Our recent experience with AQ on the Reflection was nearly the opposite. The cruise, still, was a nice experience, but I was very disappointed. Blu was crowded. It took until night 6 or so before we could get in and out of there for dinner in under two hours. (On night 2 of the cruise, dinner lasted nearly 3 hours--including a 30 minute wait to be seated). The food was definitely not as good. We went once for breakfast and, similar to dinner, breakfast took nearly 90 minutes from start to finish. I just went to the Spa cafe after that, I'm a patient person, but 90 minutes for breakfast is too slow for me. Persian Gardens was swamped.... Lunch hours at the buffet are limited, so when it is lunch, it was very crowded, and maybe my cruise had more "impatient" (i.e., rude) people than most, but it was a madhouse.

I was on the "I love AQ" bandwagon before this cruise. In fact, I had planned to book another cruise while still on board, but decided, "nah." If this is what AQ is like now.... I think our next vacations will be beach vacations. We hadn't been on a cruise for almost two years, so we were really struck by the impact of cost-cutting--in that we hadn't witnessed slow changes, just an all of a sudden, "wow". All the things we liked about the cruise/Celebrity weren't there. Again, it was still "OK," no, even better than OK, but just not worth the price.