Queen Mary 2

brooklynphil

Hi, Just came home from "Penny Beach", (Staten Island), I took my kids to see the Macy*s fireworks, yes you can see them pretty well from there. As we pulled up my 10 yr old DS starts yelling Mom Look!!!!( yes he is also as addicted as his Mom) Theres the QM2!!!! Well let me tell you, she is stunning, especially beautiful at night. I was watching her more than the fireworks! I believe they dock her there for the purpose of the passengers to watch the view. Last year, same time , my friend did a 3 day cruise to no where on QM2 and she said they docked by the statue of liberty to watch the show.I can only dream to travel on this ship some day!

12 more months till my next cruise!

:)

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the boat at this time.

We were docked off Stapleton, Staten Island to watch the 4th of July Fireworks in the East River.That is where the USCG require we lay anchor. We left immediataly following the fireworks.

We had just come from watching fireworks in Newport, Rhode Island the night before. The view in Newport was amazing, while in NYC we were far away.

However, while docked off Stapleton it was amazing seeing all the different fireworks displays over Long Island.

Archived