Carnival Magic or Triumph

MISS_Wanda

Hey peeps!

My name is Wanda and I live in the great ole city of Tampa. My current man and I are going to be making the road trip to Galveston to take a cruise soon cause I wants to be on the newer bigger ship called Magic. My current man says the Magic is to big, but I made him agree to Magic . I am not looking foreward to all of that heat during that long drive to Galveston but I thinks we will wait until later in the fall so that it isnt too hot and the heat wont be an issue since it will be fall you know? But my question is now I am thinking and wonderin if maybe the Triumph or the Magic is better? Can you still drive on up to the dock and purchase the ticket in the lobby of the ship? I have not cruised in a long time as you can tells but I am excited to be going on vacay again. Do you think October or November is the better time to take a trip on the Magic? I am thinking November cause of the heat now and my car dont have air. Thanks to people that answer these questions.

Boats I travelled on

Otays. I likes how your reply shows all of the boats you been on. How do I get mine to do that?

Click on your profile name in the top corner of the page.....then go to Customize Profile......then click on Edit Signature. The box will pop up and you can type in whatever you want.....enjoy

You can't just pull up and buy a ticket anymore. Your cruise must be booked in advance for security reasons.

You might also want to consider that the Triumph is a 5 day cruise while the Magic is a 7 day cruise.

Either way, you will need to contact Carnival via their booking engine online or their customer service line by phone to book you cruise prior to getting to port.

Thank you for your answer. I reckon I will call inn the mornig and see what can be worked up. Thank you again, preciate it.

You can't just pull up and buy a ticket anymore. Your cruise must be booked in advance for security reasons.

You might also want to consider that the Triumph is a 5 day cruise while the Magic is a 7 day cruise.

Either way, you will need to contact Carnival via their booking engine online or their customer service line by phone to book you cruise prior to getting to port.

I have cruised on both ships & I like different things about both. Triumph overall has better shows in the evening. Magic does have one great magic show, but the rest of their shows aren't that good. If burgers, burritos, & bars are a big deal to you, Triumph has the edge on Magic, as Triumph upgraded those things recently. Magic has a big edge on Triumph with their waterpark. Triumph has one slide, while Magic has 2 plus a large splash factory. Plus, Magic has a ropes course, a free lunch pasta bar that becomes an extra-pay restaurant at dinner, and a lanai BBQ on sea days that Triumph doesn't have.

They are both great ships, but the Magic has so much more to offer I would always choose her. Plus I don't like short cruises, so unless I could do a B2B on the on the Triumph for a total of 9 days I probably wouldn't choose that ship.

• 3 weeks later...

I cruised the Magic in 12/2012, the Triumph in 7/2012 and 12/2009. Both are nice ships. I cruised the Triumph before the 2.0 upgrades so I can't speak to the ship as it is now. I know my last cruise in 7/2012 it was definitely starting to show some age. The Magic by comparison was new and fresh. I think the biggest drawback to the Triumph are the shorter itineraries but the opportunity to visit Chichen Itza via Progresso was fantastic.

Archived