Valentine's Day Onbaord

My DH and I will be cruising on the Jewel on Valentine's Day :) I asked this same question shortly after we booked and was told that no, they don't do anything special. I'm hoping that it'll at least be one of the formal nights. You can always do your own little celebration of the holiday in your room ;)

We've cruised the last 2 Valentine's Days... 2004 on Mariner and 2005 on Navigator. They didn't do anything on Mariner. The Head Waiter on Navigator handed out red roses to on the women... it was very nice. :)

We cruised on Valentines day on the Rhapsody / Mexican Riviera cruise . I suprised my wife with a suite and roses and chocolates all of which I had sent to the room (with my T/A's help). Much to my dissapointment there was zip /nadda/poop sweet all as far as Valentines was concerned. We had a great time just the same. Make sure you make it special all on your own though.

When booking our cruise with our TA, she asked if we were celebrating anything and we told her that it would be our 20th anniversary. She said she would arrange for a cake for us for dessert in the dining room. Not sure if it's complimentary from the TA or RCCL. Not that we would need anymore food....

We have sailed several times on Valentines Day, the first time on the Song of Norway ladies received a box of chocolates and a card from the Capt. and flowers were passed out in the dining room, special drink of the day with red glasses and heart picks. There was a class offered to the men to make their honey's a rose made from ribbon.

Then sailed on the Dreamward, got a nice glass candy jar filled with wrapped candies with the date, name of ship printed on the jar. A card from the capt. heart shaped candies offered up around the ship.

Princess, we got a card and heart shaped candies were piled on our bed.

Last time on the Grandeur, noticed a few decorations around the ship but otherwise not much was done, flowers/candy offered for sale. Now we did notice that alot of passengers decorated their doors for the holiday.

The little holiday perks we got 15 years ago are no more, make the most of the holiday yourself.

We ususally goes ashore at the first port and buy flowers for our cabin if it is a special ocassion, nice fresh flowers and much cheaper than what you can order for your cabin, go to the Schooner Bar and buy a drink in one of the nice tall glasses, makes a great vase.

Bev

Archived