MSC Yacht Club Room 15002

mumofabs

It looks larger??? We are on the Splendida but has anyone had experience of this room on any of the MSC Ships:)

There are in fact 6 larger cabins on deck 15 besides 15002 and15001 not just 4, they are: - 15030/1/2/3/4/5 And the above post gives the wrong numbers; the numbers given are the numbers of larger cabins on Divina and Preziosa

15002 is the larger shape but it as a TERRIBLE Balcony. The bottom half is metal and there is a large metal stanchion over a portion of it.

Have a look at the image I've included and you'll see what I mean. I've made a mistake and labelled 15001 as 15002 but it will be the same on the starboard side of the ship.

It'll be like having a porthole and not a balcony.

Good luck if you have booked it, I would change pronto and try to get one of the six cabins i mentioned or the equivalent on deck 16

15002.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Pete

Thanks for this' 15002 was the only YC grade left on the ship and we wanted all the benefits of YC. So unless another cancels we may just have to suffer the balcony. Have you stayed in this cabin?

Thanks

Heather

No I've pnly stayed in 15013, a standard YC1, on Divina.

• 1 month later...
hello we booked this cabin on the divina

but by your comments and 'a bad cabin ....

we must try to change it?

we are concerned by the news from the forum

The Divina is a different configuration than the Splendida. 15002 is a different shape and slightly different location and it looks like the balcony is pretty standard. You can compare deckplans here:

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/decks.php?ship=MSC%20Divina

The Divina is a different configuration than the Splendida. 15002 is a different shape and slightly different location and it looks like the balcony is pretty standard. You can compare deckplans here:

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/decks.php?ship=MSC%20Divina

thanks for the reply

In fact, the deskplan and 'different from the splendida

it seems that the balcony is not horizontal at an angle as the splendida ...

it would take an intervention from someone who traveled to the divine in those cabins

the 15001 or 15002 ... or a picture ... :)

thanks for the reply

In fact, the deskplan and 'different from the splendida

it seems that the balcony is not horizontal at an angle as the splendida ...

it would take an intervention from someone who traveled to the divine in those cabins

the 15001 or 15002 ... or a picture ... :)

Some relevant pictures of the deck plans and balcony areas and balconies of the two ships showing the balconies of cabin 15001 which is the port side version of 15002 and as such are mirror images

deck15.jpg

SPLENDIDA.jpg

DIVINA2.jpg

Pete

It looks larger??? We are on the Splendida but has anyone had experience of this room on any of the MSC Ships:)

The 15001 cabin on the Splendid is slightly larger than most MSC Yacht Club cabins as it's on the corner. Hope this helps!

thanks for the answers

skier52 thanks for the accurate documentation we have seen the photos

and with my wife we ​​decided to keep the cabin 15002 because there would be too many cards to fill in for the changing

thanks msc usa the ns doubt it was not the size of the cabin but the balcony

Metal perhaps because it is too small 'corner

The size of the verandas on the YC1 Suites range from 42 -61 square feet.

msc usa thanks for the answers

but probably both me and the other user we booked this cabin on the divine

we are concerned about the balcony and 'covered by the metal part of the corner of the ship

can you give us some indications in more?:)

• 2 months later...

So it looks like 15001 and 003 on Divina have metal balconies and the glass begins at 005 then moves aft.

Something to consider. We are planning to book the yc and would rather have glass for the view.

Thought about the deck 12 yc2 cabins as we dont really need a balcony but was somewhat dissapointed in the window views we have seen and that the cabins are so far away from the yc area and decks.

Pete your reviews and pictures have been very helpful. Thanks from another Pete (from Florida)

Edited by legion3

How was the location of 15013? We chose to book that room, across the hall appears to be a walkway or hallway.

Thanks

pete

There is a small hallway with access to the concierge area and also the lift entrance for the lift to the deck 18 "one deck" area. Although being opposite the hallway we were never aware of any excess noise and found the location very convenient for access to the Top Sail lounge and for access to the main entrance to / from the rest of the ship.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

• 1 year later...

We stayed in this suite......in fact we found the balcony to be double the size of the other yc1 suites. Lots of sun on it because of the size. We are booking again the same one on the Fantasia

• 11 months later...

I've just booked this stateroom for our Splendida cruise (15002) and now wondering about it.

I'm not too worried about sitting out on the balcony as I don't think it'll be that warm. Normally on a cruise I just stand at the railing and look out, which presumably will be unimpeded.

Does anyone who sailed in 15001 or 15002 have any photos of the stateroom? It would be good to get an idea of what it'll be like.

Hopefully the proximity to the Top Sail lounge won't be a problem.

I've just booked this stateroom for our Splendida cruise (15002) and now wondering about it.

I'm not too worried about sitting out on the balcony as I don't think it'll be that warm. Normally on a cruise I just stand at the railing and look out, which presumably will be unimpeded.

Does anyone who sailed in 15001 or 15002 have any photos of the stateroom? It would be good to get an idea of what it'll be like.

Hopefully the proximity to the Top Sail lounge won't be a problem.

Hi Duncan

As this forum deals mainly with Divina the info you get about cabin 15002 will be slightly misleading.

The Fantasia Class ships were built as two pairs. The first pair being Fantasia and Splendida and the second pair being Divina and Preziosa .

They have some big differences between the two pairs and the main differences being

1) the size of the central Hump and the size of the cabins on them

2) the number of "Steel" balconies.

3) The size of the Top Sail lounge ( and its consequent affect on cabins 15001 and 15002)

The cabins on Splendida are shorter and wider than the same number cabin on Divina.

See this image

15002_1.jpg

Pete

An excellent room, so much in fact we have booked it again for another cruise. Balcony great much bigger than all the others, you could fit 3 sun loungers on it. Room itself much larger than similar cabins. No noise at all from Topsail Lounge but very convenient for nipping through for a snack or bringing a drink back to your room. Good choice we were not disappointed and not being a glass balcony cashed no problems. Have pictures but can't upload, can send them by email if you want to contact talkhsmith77@sky.com

image.jpg.88849afb021bce4455fd0e5bd864a8bc.jpg

We will be doing B2B cruises on the Fantasia out of Dubai in March 2017. For the first one week cruise (Emirates, Bahrain and Qatar) we will have cabin 15002, and for the longer repositioning cruise from Dubai to Genoa we'll be moved to 15033.

From the Fantasia deck plan and Skier's photos, it appears to me that the Fantasia 15001/15002 balcony is quite large, even though the bow facing part has the diagonal cover. I hope to find plenty of sun although it will of course be hot down there.

I thank Mumofabs for the info.

Edited by Capricruiser

I just received the photos that Mumofabs kindly sent via email. The 15002 looks very very nice, and the balcony is huge with not only starboard views but also to the front and the sea beyond. I'm going to try to retain the cabin also for the repositioning cruise.