Carnival Liberty

Mary49

I just got off the liberty 3 days ago. Room 7246

It is a good location but next time I would pick a room slightly more towards the back of the ship because of the long walk to the silver dining room and to the buffet on the lido deck

Not all the way aft though because you can feel more vibration from the engines and it seemed like more movement from the waves back there also.

I would book a room between the 2 sets of elevators in the back of the ship

If you do not have a problem with a little more motion, I would suggest one of the inside cabins on the Panorama deck. They get less traffic so they tend to be quieter and they have easy access to the Lido deck. Note: I would avoid the cabins closest to the front of the ship because they are under the gym.

I just got off the liberty 3 days ago. Room 7246

It is a good location but next time I would pick a room slightly more towards the back of the ship because of the long walk to the silver dining room and to the buffet on the lido deck

Not all the way aft though because you can feel more vibration from the engines and it seemed like more movement from the waves back there also.

I would book a room between the 2 sets of elevators in the back of the ship

We were in 7296 in August. Deck 7 is great since it's just a few decks up from the Promenade and MDRs, just a few decks below Lido. Cabins above and below so it's pretty quiet.

We didn't find the walk too bad to get anywhere from our cabin as we were close to mid-ship but we did find that there was a lot of traffic in our hallway, which got noisy at times. We'd also go more forward or aft in the future, like we have done on past cruises, to cut down on the hall traffic.

Edited by spacepotatoes

Stayed on Lido twice on the Liberty. First time was in 9255. Great location. Close to elevators and close to walking right onto Lido deck. Very little noise. 2nd time was in 9201. Nice because of the picture window, but it was a long walk to get to the elevators or out onto Lido. Little noise, in this room, too. I like staying on Lido because of the location. This cruise coming up, on the Dream, there were only 5 cabins left on Lido, so we are saying pretty far forward. If I had a choice, I would get a cabin closer to the elevators.

I'm in 1454 on the Riviera deck in December. I like having an interior cabin because it helps me sleep and I like being on the aft side because its closer to the lido buffet. The deck doesn't really matter to me but I know it does to a lot of people. I'm concerned that my room is too aft though and the engine vibrations will bother me. I have been thinking of calling and trying to switch.

A lot depends on where you plan to frequent on the ship.

If you'll be going to a lot of the shows or to the Serenity area a lot, then a forward location might be better.

If you'll be frequenting the aft adults-only pool or you're booked for the aft dining room, then an aft location might be preferable.

If you're susceptible to ship's motion or you'll be visiting multiple areas all over, then be prepared to pay a little extra for a midship cabin.

Beyond that, your next choice would be "How high up, and how much more to pay for that convenience." I'm not the best person to answer that one, since we're booked in steerage next month on Victory. :)

It really depends a lot on personal preference, but for me, the Empress deck (7) or Lido deck (9) would be the best choices - Lido because of easy access to everything and having cabins above and below - Empress for the same reasons, but also because it's mostly cabins on that deck so the only real traffic is others going to their cabins. That said, we've never had a noise issue on Lido and sometimes it's actually quieter than other decks in the cabin area.

My first choice on the Empress deck a porthole cabin if motion doesn't bother you (which is technically an inside cabin with natural light) or on Lido, a 4J at the front of the ship with the big picture window looking out (also technically an inside cabin).

Stayed on Lido twice on the Liberty. First time was in 9255. Great location. Close to elevators and close to walking right onto Lido deck. Very little noise. 2nd time was in 9201. Nice because of the picture window, but it was a long walk to get to the elevators or out onto Lido. Little noise, in this room, too. I like staying on Lido because of the location. This cruise coming up, on the Dream, there were only 5 cabins left on Lido, so we are saying pretty far forward. If I had a choice, I would get a cabin closer to the elevators.

Just booked 9255 on the Liberty. Can't wait.

• 4 months later...