Scooter Rental Near Cruise Center?

ColoradoJayhawk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nathans' Golf Cart, Car, Jeep & Scooter Rentals in Grand Turk is an option. I emailed Nathan at nathanandlinda@tciway.tc and his response was:

"Yes you can rent scooters, $60.00 per scooter and we are located at the gate of the cruise center. to reserve them you will have to email or call me on 649432-2465 or 649231-4856 with your credit card number so that your scooters can be reserved."

I suppose you could also just look for him when you get off the cruise and hope that he still has something available.

Hope that helps!

A word of warning about Nathan, we rented a golf cart 3 months before our cruise and he charged our card then when we got there we were told all the carts were taken by a group. They knew this when they took our money but tok it anyway. They think this is ok because they do give you your money back but it can ruin your plans.

After reading quite a few reviews about less than outstanding experience with Nathan's, we decided to skip the scooters and make it a lounge on the beach and check out Jack's Shack day.

He was the only option I found and it just didn't seem worth risking a negative experience.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was skeptical at first but it turned out great.

We walked outside the gate and there were a large number of scoters available. (No need to make advance reservations -- we were the second ship in port and got off later than most passengers, after the shore excursions had all departed.). They appeared to be new and in good condition. Helmets were available and required for all -- drivers and passengers. There were red ones and pink ones -- the rental person told us that they donate $5 per rental to fight AIDS and breast cancer, depending on the color of the scooter.

He quoted us a price of $30 per scooter per day, or $35 with gas included. We rented two scooters for three people with gas. He gave us an orientation briefing and off we went. It took a little while to get comfortable but we got the hang of it and loved exploring the island. This island seemed ideal for this type of activity -- it is quite small, very flat, and has minimal vehicle traffic. I would recommend one scooter per adult, however. While they can hold two people, it's not as easy for the driver to control with a passenger holding on, and it's certainly not as much fun! :D