Our port day in Provence, Norwegian Epic

ShellDil

Hi! I wanted to post a link to my blog post about our port day on the Norwegian Epic. We had a great day with Provence-Connection Tours. It seemed to me when I was planning our day there wasn't too many options listed for various guides or tours out there, so I wanted to make sure to share our experience. I also have a link to entire trip report in my signature. The blog and trip report are pretty similar, only the blog isn't quite finished yet!

If anyone has any questions on our day in France, I'd be happy to answer them!

http://tripspicsandtales.blogspot.com/2013/08/france-weve-made-it-to-france-friday.html

Beautiful, as always. :) Thanks for sharing. Would you mind rating your four stops in order of your enjoyment of them? Many cruises (including mine this Nov) stop in Toulon, and not as much ground can be covered from there. :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks! When you ask about my favorite four stops, do you mean overall from the entire trip over both cruises, not counting the areas we did just by land?

Sorry, that was confusing. I meant just the four stops you made in Provence- Arles, Pont du Gard, Avignon, and Les Baux. :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Ok....I LOVED Les Baux, it was so unique and beautiful! Avignon felt like a definite town. More so than just a cruise or tourist stop. It was bigger and more crowded. The Pope's Palace was a major draw there. It wasn't that quaint country feel that the other two were. We didn't have enough time to really explore the town. Pont du Gard was pretty much a short stop to see the Aqueduct. It was unique and it was a nice, relaxing walk to see it. I don't think I would have missed it had we not gone, but it was an amazing structure. And Arles definitely had that quaint, country France feel to it.

I think my two favorite places were Arles and Les Baux based on the type of place that I'd never been to or may never get back to again. I was glad to get to all four, even though I only had a brief stop at all four places and didn't get enough time to really spend any quality time in any of them - the brief time in each was enough to know I'd want to go revisit the region.

And oddly enough we docked in Marseilles, but didn't spend any time there at all! It sounds like a trip to France is in order!! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great blog and photos! I have to agree with you regarding Les Baux. We spent 3 full days in the area earlier this year with Les Baux as our base. If you are going to be here make sure you also check out Carrieres de Lumieres which was one of the highlights of our 3 week France trip! And wandering the medieval village at night once all the tourists had left was surreal.

It anyone is interested you can see more photos from this area in our travel journal attached in my signature.

Great blog and photos! I have to agree with you regarding Les Baux. We spent 3 full days in the area earlier this year with Les Baux as our base. If you are going to be here make sure you also check out Carrieres de Lumieres which was one of the highlights of our 3 week France trip! And wandering the medieval village at night once all the tourists had left was surreal.

It anyone is interested you can see more photos from this area in our travel journal attached in my signature.

Thank you! I just started reading your travel journal. I love it! When I have more than just a few moments, I'm really going to sit down and read it! I'm looking forward to the Les Baux part especially, but really all of France! That's a trip I'd love to take!

Hi! I wanted to post a link to my blog post about our port day on the Norwegian Epic. We had a great day with Provence-Connection Tours. It seemed to me when I was planning our day there wasn't too many options listed for various guides or tours out there, so I wanted to make sure to share our experience. I also have a link to entire trip report in my signature. The blog and trip report are pretty similar, only the blog isn't quite finished yet!

http://tripspicsandtales.blogspot.com/2013/08/france-weve-made-it-to-france-friday.html

I love your pictures and the full review. It sounds like Provence was awesome, and it's always fun to have an adventure with a tour guide.

Best of all I bet it was fun having all your family and the grandparents with you.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you! I have your review bookmarked for our Aug 2014 Med cruise. It will be an excellent planning guide.

Do you recall how much the cost was for the driver/car for this tour out of Toulon? Was the driver simply a driver or was he able to provide a running tour like commentary? Thank you

Thank you! I have your review bookmarked for our Aug 2014 Med cruise. It will be an excellent planning guide.

Do you recall how much the cost was for the driver/car for this tour out of Toulon? Was the driver simply a driver or was he able to provide a running tour like commentary? Thank you

I'm glad to have helped! Our tour of Provence was 498 Euro for the six of us for the day. Our driver definitely talked all day in the van. He would tell us anything we wanted to know about the regions we were in. When we got to the areas where we got out of the van, he let us out and told us what time to meet him again. At those points we were on our own. Which was a really nice blend.

If you have any other questions, just let me know!

• 1 month later...

We dock in Toulon..the website for the tour company isn't clear do you know if they pick there???

Thanks

We dock in Toulon..the website for the tour company isn't clear do you know if they pick there???

Thanks

I'm not really sure. I would just email the company and ask them. They were always very prompt in answering when I emailed them questions. Good luck!