Triumph info please!

nicwoodard

A week from today, my husband and I along with 2 other couples are leaving on the Triumph!! What I need is info from those who have traveled on the new and improved ship.

Where do you go and eat after you get on board? Favorite bars on the ship? Favorite activities? Do they have Dr. Pepper on this ship? I know Carnival has other products, but the Magic has DP because we are leaving from Texas (home of Dr. Pepper), does the Triumph also have it?

We have all traveled out of Galveston before, so we know the port well.

Any other tidbits you want to share, please do! Thanks in advance!

A week from today, my husband and I along with 2 other couples are leaving on the Triumph!! What I need is info from those who have traveled on the new and improved ship.

Where do you go and eat after you get on board? Favorite bars on the ship? Favorite activities? Do they have Dr. Pepper on this ship? I know Carnival has other products, but the Magic has DP because we are leaving from Texas (home of Dr. Pepper), does the Triumph also have it?

We have all traveled out of Galveston before, so we know the port well.

Any other tidbits you want to share, please do! Thanks in advance!

If u have been on Triumph b4 u will delighted by all the new stuff on Lido. Guy's Burgers is VERY popular & they are yummy.

Do brunch in the dining room & do not miss the brunch brownie for dessert.

Shows were good. Piano bar is a hoot.

If you r on the Progreso/Cozumel itinerary we really enjoyed the new Jaguar Truck excursion in Progreso.

Not sure about DP...I am a diet coke person.

I have no doubt u will have a wonderful time. We love the Triumph. Will b back on her again in January.

I was on her pre make over and specifically asked about DP. DHs aunt looooves DP and was sailing 2 cruises after us. She had me ask. A bar tender told me that they have either Dr Pepper OR Mr pibb. She said they do not always have DP. Our cruise they did have it. Aunt took some just to be safe.

Living in Houston we've sail triumph several time. Just got off after make over. I really enjoyed guys and the blue iguana. She still has the old carpet and we had plumbing problems while onboard (main deck), but nothing major. We still enjoyed our cruise and looking forward to our platinum cruise on her in December.

As far as having dp, can't answer that. However if not traveling via air take a case with you. Since we drive we usually bring our soda in the 20oz bottles (24 total) with us. If you are flying, purchase in Galveston before boarding. You'll save money and can take a bottle or two in dining room with you at dinner.

I just sailed her in June. I 2nd the recommendation for Guy's Burgers. Also, Pirate Pizza. We didn't find it till close to the end of the cruise. If you take the walkway into the buffet area and keep going thru the doors at the back, you will find it and a less frequented pool back there. As far as DP, I can't help you with that.

I loved the Capital Bar which is the bar that will be right as soon as you enter the ship. There is a guy, Jerry, and he sings old country songs in the evenings. It was fun to sit at the bar and have a drink and listen to him sing. Another cool bar is the Alchemy bar. They have "different" drinks at that bar. If she isn't working at the Capital Bar, Maja (pronounced "my-ya") is usually at the Alchemy bar. She is really nice and a great bartender. She really took care of us. Check out the Red Frog Rum Bar and The Blue Iguana. They are both on the Lido deck.

What to do....wow! There is so much. I really enjoyed the marriage game and the comedy shows. Another favorite was the hairy chest contest. In the evenings, I really enjoyed some downtime on the Lido watching what was on the big screen. I also played some bingo and listened to some karaoke but those were really just okay. My suggestion is to bring a highlighter or two and read your Fun Times nightly and highlight what interest you and your hubby for the following day. There's so much to do that I'm taking that same cruise again in 83 days and I'm sure there will be time for some new activities in addition to my faves from June.

Enjoy your cruise!

I know Carnival has other products, but the Magic has DP because we are leaving from Texas (home of Dr. Pepper), does the Triumph also have it?

According to shipcruise.org (http://www.shipcruise.org/carnival-cruise-drink-packages/) all cruises out of Galveston have Dr. Pepper onboard.

"The list with all Coca Cola Company products available on Carnival ships includes: Coke (plus Diet and Zero), Sprite (and Diet) and Fanta Orange. When sailing from Galveston and New Orleans to the list are added Dr Pepper Company products (Dr Pepper, and Diet), while when sailing from other ports “Pibb Xtra” (by Coca Cola) is offered instead of Dr Pepper. Other products under the Carnival Lines unlimited drinks program are club soda and tonic water."

Archived