Game Day for the Jets! Has anyone sailed out of Port Liberty on this day?

donmimi

Looking for some hints to avoid traffic at Port Liberty. Not only do the Jets have a home game on embarcation day on October 20th, they are playing the New England Patriots!! Yikes! We need to travel by car from Connecticut and I am sure using the Tappan Zee will be a big idea, but any further hints. side roads and bests wishes will be appreciated!

The stadium is to the west of the Turnpike the port is to the east, this area is designed for lots of traffic during the week, multiple events during the weekend are not a big deal. Just take the Eastern Spur of the Turnpike and you will probably not even know there is a football game.

We traveled the same route from RI last fall on a Sunday the Giants had a 1pm game. We passed the stadium at about 11am with no issues or traffic. It was an easy ride all the way down. Even though the Pats are playing there, I would not be overly concerned. I suggest getting an early start.

Looking for some hints to avoid traffic at Port Liberty. Not only do the Jets have a home game on embarcation day on October 20th, they are playing the New England Patriots!! Yikes! We need to travel by car from Connecticut and I am sure using the Tappan Zee will be a big idea, but any further hints. side roads and bests wishes will be appreciated!

Thanks for bringing that to my attention! Maybe I'll see you aboard.:D

Archived