Excellent Barcelona Walking Tours

jarand

We were just talking about our wonderful cruise that ended in Barcelona a year ago. If you have a chance to do the Runner Bean walking tours, they are excellent! We did the Gaudi tour and the Old City Tour. Both were outstanding and some of our best travel memories ever.

We were just talking about our wonderful cruise that ended in Barcelona a year ago. If you have a chance to do the Runner Bean walking tours, they are excellent! We did the Gaudi tour and the Old City Tour. Both were outstanding and some of our best travel memories ever.

We have signed up to do their Old City tour on our B2B in Nov. Wish we had time to do both. Can't wait! Thanks for reinforcing our choice.

Has anyone tried Travel Bound Free Walking Tours? They leave from an area and at a time that would accommodate us better so I plan on trying them. Thanks.

I did find their website and was thinking of trying them in Nov, if I can get a late checkout. I did see great reviews online .

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I think we are going to do the Old City tour. My neighbor (who is going with us) believes it will be too commercial (he believes the guides are paid by various store owners to send them business) - I don't believe this - but if someone can just confirm (so I can say "see, you're wrong"). Those who have taken this tour - is it one of the better walking tours you have taken? Also, I read that tipping between 5 and 10 euros is appropriate - is that correct?

Thanks

• 7 months later...

Just wondering if anyone has done the 'Gaudi' Runner Bean Tour?

I am organising a group of 6 & this looks like a great idea. This tour requires catching the metro.

They don't intend on using the metro for anything else. Would it be ok for them to buy during the tour?

I think we are going to do the Old City tour. My neighbor (who is going with us) believes it will be too commercial (he believes the guides are paid by various store owners to send them business) - I don't believe this - but if someone can just confirm (so I can say "see, you're wrong"). Those who have taken this tour - is it one of the better walking tours you have taken? Also, I read that tipping between 5 and 10 euros is appropriate - is that correct?

Thanks

Our guide didn't steer us into ANY businesses. As I recall she pointed out a certain unique Catalonian Christmas tradition souvenir in a shop window, but I don't think we even slowed down for it. We asked her for restaurant ideas at the end, but she gave lots of choices. As I said above, it still makes me smile--just a really nice afternoon for us, with the historical and cultural focus that we were looking for. (And I think we tipped 15-20 for the pair of us, but we loved our guide.)

Just wondering if anyone has done the 'Gaudi' Runner Bean Tour?

I am organising a group of 6 & this looks like a great idea. This tour requires catching the metro.

They don't intend on using the metro for anything else. Would it be ok for them to buy during the tour?

We didn't do this one, but the guides are good about helping folks get their tickets and learn the metro, I've heard. Might be a good intro!

We did both the Runner Bean Gaudi and the Old City tours. Absolutely no businesses. The guides work for your tips and are some of the best we've had anywhere. We usually tip around 25-30 Euro per couple and consider it a bargain.