Allure of the Sea - onboard now sept 15 to 23 Eastern Caribbean

frostycanada

@nearnorthcruiser

The cab fares vary with the amount if people on it. They are 16 person mini vans. If you get off the ship early you will not have a problem getting a quick ride. It was $8 per person. If you arrive a little later after the "rush hour" deporting you might have to wait around a little. Of they will take you for $20 a person. You can talk them down though. We got over for $10 a person as we were relaxing a little on the main beach.

When you get over there there are lots if taxis and people looking to get back. No trouble to get a filled van and get $8 fare.

It's about a 15-20min drive. It will go fast as you get to see some nice scenic views.

Dinner at Samba was AWESOME. Great atmosphere. Great service. Great cuts of meat.

We couldn't finish. My wife got to the 5th serving of meat, I got to the 7th. Go EASY on the apps trust me. Lol

The cuts if meat went from pork to chicken to lamb, tenderloin, flank steak, top sirloin. And i cant remember the rest. Cooked to perfection each time and cut right in front of you.

For anyone that doesn't know, Samba is a Brazilian steak house. They give you a little light. You turn it to green and they keep coming out and serving you the cuts. When you need a rest, you turn it to red. Repeat til you get all 9 cuts if you can. Then you turn to white when you are ready for desert.

it's a great restaurant. Highly recommend. Well worth the $30 a person.

On a side note: noticing the Internet a little slow today. Skype was very "grainy". As well, pictures not being sent via iMessage either but works via email.

So far the only real complement I can come up with, I can't get cold water in the stateroom bathroom to brush my teeth. Lol

Another great day on on the ocean. It's the first day as well that you can actually feel some swaying in the boat. Up til this evening you'd never know you were on a boat.

frosty,

What time of day did you go to Maho Beach to see the planes? I imagine the flights are scheduled. It would be my luck I would arrive and the last one took off 5 min. prior.

Enjoying your review. Taking the same route in April.

We arrived about 11 or 1130. There was a sign posted for arrivals not departures.

The departures were the best. That's when he revs his engines and people fly through the air.

We left before 2pm as there was a gap of landing planes.

You only need two hours there. Personally if I was to do it again I would have a list of flights myself plan the time around that. They had a lot of prop planes arrive and depart, you want the big ones for the real effect.

Times will vary from day to day of course so do a little homework for the flights the day of port the night before.

Highly recommend Johnny Rockets for breakfast. Not busy. Eggs are made on the spot so it's a little fresher then the buffet at Windjammer. Nice to discover this on the last day. Lol

Went there for lunch as well for the burger. Burgers were good. Onion rings were awesome. Everyone was raving about the milkshake so I had to try it. It was ok. Not the best I've had. But hit the spot with the burger. Try and get inside to sit. We sat outside, it was hot but had no choice as the inside was full and we didn't want to wait.

Got me thinking about those inside balconies, boy it must be hot during the day if you wanted to sit on them. Anyone experience this?

Went to the Best of the Best for the flow rider. ( they pick the "best" of those that participated during get week and had a final showdown.) it was fun. Once it ended the "real" flow rider surfers did their finale. That was awesome. Get there a little early to get a spot, the deck filled up pretty quick.

Giovanni's this evening and then check out the fountain show.

Boy did this week fly by. Or should I say cruise by :)

Officially off the ship. Boo! Took a day to unwind in Orlando before heading back north.

Giovanni's was awesome. Best restaurant I visited throughout the week. Server was good of course and the meal was second to none.

It was by far the busiest restaurant we visited as well.

Deporting the next morning was a breeze. We did the express walk off. If you are available to do this I highly recommend it. They say you can deport 645 with the express walk off but they actually opened the doors 615. We ate a quick breakfast and walked off 645. The only line up we stood in all week was going through customs. But it moved very fast. We were at the rental ( Hertz) and in the car by 730. Hertz has a free shuttle to their rental spot only 5mins away.

All in all it was a fantastic cruise. Trying to book a babysitter for the kids for next year. Lol

The fountain show.... Blah. Nothing really to rush to see. They did have a really interesting video playing during the water/lights and music that showed the ship being built. That was the best part of it to be honest.

They have a 3 - 4 hour tour of the ship. I think the price was $150/person. Looked real interesting. The facts and info on the boat are amazing, I'm sure the tour to see the "behind the scenes" would be mind blowing.

As for the Compasses, I didn't save. Main reason, was there really wasn't any differences from a few of the last cruises on the Allure when people posted.

God I'd love to be back on it now :)

Hi,

We were on that sailing. Love it and enjoyed Rita's Cantina. We were on Deck 8 near Dazzles and Central Park. Love Park Café and was there very day to pick up morning coffee & tea to drink on balcony as we were getting ready for the morning. :)

That's so interesting - you seem to have answered a question I had - we set sail 13 September and have a cabin on deck 8 and wondered if we could collect breakfast and take it back to cabin from there!!

Hey MarieIH,

You can take out breakfast/lunch/supper and all those meals in between. Lol

I normally did for breakfast. Nothing better then a quiet relaxing coffee on your own deck.

Don't forget to do the room service too. No charge, but limited items to choose from. I like that they drop you off a pot of coffee not just one cup. :)

Archived