Which stingray swim better GC or Belize?

mazda

Anyone out there that has done the stingray swims in both Grand Cayman and Belize? And if so which one is better or has more rays? I have done the GC one but wanted someone to compare it with the one in Belize. I want to decide which one to take my husband to since he has not had this great experience!! Thanks

i did both last year. i think GC was better b/c there is interaction and you are in shallower water. in belize we did shark/ray alley, which was great, b/c the rays are out in the open. there werent nearly as many as in GC, and you couldn't touch them or feed them.

while both were great tours, the stingrays in GC was a better trip.

We did both of these excursions on our last cruise and we really liked Stingray Alley in Grand Cayman a LOT better. As the previous poster stated, the water is shallower and the stingrays are more numerous and very friendly. We got to feed them squid ourselves, also. We booked through Captain Bryan's Buccaneer and had a great time at 3 stops, which also included the reef and Coral Gardens.

In Belize we found the water to be deeper, and the day we were there the current was pretty strong, which made it hard to stand in one place.

Have a great cruise!

Archived