ideas for surprising kids

floydfamily4

We are very excited to be taking our kids on the Carnival Magic to celebrate their 9th birthday. They were blessed to go on their first cruise by an aunt a couple of years ago and although it wasn't my favorite (the sensation) they loved it. In order for me to keep the surprise I am spending lots of time on this board talking to y'all. I was thinking of giving them a card with a poem like this:

JOCELYN AND JEFFERY

DID YOU HEAR THE NEWS?

TO CELEBRATE TURNING 9

WE’RE TAKING YOU ON A CRUISE!!

CARNIVAL MAGIC

DECEMBER 1 – 7, 2013

GRAND CAYMAN, COZUMEL, MONTEGO BAY

What do you think? Other creative ideas? Their birthday is the Tuesday before on the 26th.

Looking forward to your replies:D

We will be on the Conquest in Oct. One mother (on another board) said her daughter was turning 9 on the cruise. She is having a tee shirt made that says " I am swimming with the dolphins in Roatan for my Birthday!" She will open the surprise gift at her birthday party. I thought that was a cute idea. She can wear the tee shirt on her dolphin swim excursion. I am sure she will get a lot of birthday well wishes.

We are taking all the kids on their first cruise right before Christmas. I went to a website that will make a puzzle and did a puzzle with the picture of the Jewel's pool deck. I printed off the puzzle and cut it up into individual pieces. Then I put a few pieces under each kid's plate at dinner and had them work on the puzzle together.

They were very excited when the picture came into shape!!

I've also seen on here scavenger hunts which also seem like fun to me. Anything you do, they will be super excited!

Archived