Questions from a Newbie (Disney Magic)

Wilson1128

We just booked our first Disney cruise! I have been reading through the boards over the past few days and have had many questions answered. However, I do have a couple more. Forgive me if I should have been able to find the answers on my own.

1) My kids are 4, 6, & 6. I saw that they break the kids into age categories within the clubs. It looks like it was 3-4, and 5-7. Will my 4 year old be separated from the 6-year-olds or will they allow them to stay together? I imagine that after a day or so, it won't matter, but I think she would feel better having them nearby initially.

2) I booked a Palo dinner for 6pm (it was either this or 8:45, which is a little late for us). Are the kids able to eat in the clubs? If not, can we feed them somewhere beforehand? I think it said our regular dinner time would be 6. On the same note, I also booked us a Palo brunch (different day). Is this Palo overkill?

3) Can we do a shore excursion and leave the kids on board? I really want to do the Mayan ruins in Cozumel, but I have read some reviews that this isn't really fun for the younger crowd. Any thoughts? I think we will do the turtle farm in Grand Caymans, which hopefully they will love.

Any other advice is appreciated. Thanks!!!

We just booked our first Disney cruise! I have been reading through the boards over the past few days and have had many questions answered. However, I do have a couple more. Forgive me if I should have been able to find the answers on my own.

1) My kids are 4, 6, & 6. I saw that they break the kids into age categories within the clubs. It looks like it was 3-4, and 5-7. Will my 4 year old be separated from the 6-year-olds or will they allow them to stay together? I imagine that after a day or so, it won't matter, but I think she would feel better having them nearby initially.

The kids clubs age are now for guidance only they will accommodate kids close to age group for a family as long as the child can fit in that group.

2) I booked a Palo dinner for 6pm (it was either this or 8:45, which is a little late for us). Are the kids able to eat in the clubs? If not, can we feed them somewhere beforehand? I think it said our regular dinner time would be 6. On the same note, I also booked us a Palo brunch (different day). Is this Palo overkill?

Well the children can eat with the kids club often circa 5.30pm. Or feed them the food on top deck outlets, when my children were just a bit older they went to dinner in the MDR themselves and the servers looked after them.

Palo brunch is great do not miss it, enjoy.

3) Can we do a shore excursion and leave the kids on board? I really want to do the Mayan ruins in Cozumel, but I have read some reviews that this isn't really fun for the younger crowd. Any thoughts? I think we will do the turtle farm in Grand Caymans, which hopefully they will love.

It's up to you, and your kids how they are without you, adults do, do this the clubs are open, but Personally I always take my kids with me and those ruins are ok for kids of those ages there small and simple. I find it very educational, my kids when younger loved the turtle form and also the stingrays.

Any other advice is appreciated. Thanks!!!

See answers above.

Archived