New to NCL, only Royal in recent times, what can I expect?

Iluvcruising2

Alright, it looks like we will go on the Norwegian Jade in late 2014. :)

We're looking at a 2 bedroom family suite and there will be 6 of us, 4 adults and 2 kids.

We've sailed mostly with Royal in recent times, though we have a cruise on the Celebrity Silhouette coming up in Nov 2013.

Excited to try a different cruise line in 2014.

What can we expect and what do we need to know?

Maybe just let me know the top 2-3 things I ought to know before we sail with NCL for the first time.

Thank you!

Hi,

I've enjoyed reading your reviews on other boards. I can't help you with the Jade, or sailing in Europe, since I have never done either, but I can give you a little idea of the 2-bedroom suite and suite perks.

First off, I think the 2-bedrooms are perfect for 4---2 adults and 2-3 kids (depending on age) in the smaller bedroom. I would book the adjoining mini-suite for the other 2 adults. The only catch here is that the mini-suite guests wouldn't be eligible for suite perks, since mini-suites are not considered suites.

I think not having set dining times is perfect for port intensive itineraries and my family really enjoys eating when we want--with who we want. Priority boarding, tendering, breakfast and lunch at Cagney's, and priority disembarking are our favorite perks. I also like not having to bring formal wear, since there are no formal nights on NCL--only dress up or not nights.

Hope this small amount of information helps. Happy planning and have a great vacation.

I think it is going to be tight in the cabin unless you have two adults in the smaller bedroom, 2 adults in the queen sixe bed and the children on the pull out couch.

Either way I think it will be a tight squeeze. Unless you are one big intimately happy family lol

If you do book an adjoining mini or inside cabin you might be able to convince NCL to add those guests to the suite perk list

Friends stayed in a suite and the nephew in an inside cabin and it was arranged that he can accompany us to all the suite perk things. Cagneys, priority tenders etc

Thanks for the tips so far.

Well, yes I think it is a bit tight, but we are not very big sized. By then, my kids would be about 110 to 120cm in height. (they will be 8 and 9, and they are small sized).

My parents aren't big sized either, at least compared to Caucasian standards!

Separate question - any particular 2bd room suite on the Jade that we should choose or should avoid? E.g. which are noisy?

Archived