Nice pool in NO

Most of the hotels in New Orleans will have average pools. Maybe because of space, but I am not sure. The hotels I have stayed at in the French Quarter and CBD have a basic, rectangular pool, many of which are on the rooftop (and can be on the small side). Though I think the pools can be unique when on the rooftop. For example, the pool on the roof at the Westin has a plexiglass half wall so swimming up there, overlooking the river and city was beautiful! Most of the pools in the older, smaller boutique type hotels in the French Quarter have their pools in the court yards, which are also beautiful. The Royal Sonesta pool is alittle bigger and is in a beautiful courtyard.
Hotels in the surrounding suburbs like Metairie or Gretna will have very basic pools.
To have a really nice, resort type pool, you would have to stay in a hotel on the gulf coast in Biloxi or Gulfport, which is about an hour drive but may be something to look into.

Archived