K&B's Excellent Adventure to the S Caribbean on the Valor (Sept 19-30) *pic heavy*

ktinnc

so enjoying reading your posts.... we are thinking about this one for next summer... i love "cruising " on here... thanks

Thanks for following along and commenting! If you decide to go on this cruise I can pretty much guarantee you won't regret it. It's incredible :)

What a fun review so far, really enjoying it. We sailed this route on the Victory last year and loved it! We also spent the weekend pre-cruise in Old San Juan - lucky you got to stay at the El Convento (we stayed around the block at the Hotel Plaza something) lol. I loved staying in Old San Juan, so much to see and do. We went to the Flamenco show at Barrachina that Saturday night and I took my Dad to Sunday Morning Mass at the Cathedral (in Spanish). What a treat!

Can't wait to read more about your trip!!

Thank you :) I'm glad you're enjoying it! I'm a little jealous you got to see the flamenco show - in my head when I planned out every detail of the trip I was supposed to get to see that show! haha Also I planned to go to Mass...but as you'll read in today's posts..missed that too. So I guess I just need to go again!!

Which companies have good deals on trip insurance. Cruising next June need you guys expert advice

I used travelguard....thankfully we didn't need it but I felt good knowing we had it! It was recommended to me by lots of people on this board :)

I am thoroughly enjoying your review and your gorgeous pictures!

We just booked this same cruise for next year, so I am really interested in your impressions.

In my "youth" I spent some time in San Juan (and other parts of Puerto Rico) and have lovely memories of enjoying a pina coladas in the El Convento courtyard!:p

Thank you for the kind words! You will enjoy this cruise so much - it's just incredible. The ports are so amazing! I wish I was going again next year - but ya never know..maybe we will :)

Subscribing to your review! You have such a fun personality and great outlook :) cannot wait to read more as you get it posted. Great looking family too! Thanks for taking the time to provide a detailed review :-) I too go crazy with smiley faces using the ellipsis, lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Thank you so much :) What sweet words! I'm having a lot of fun with the review but holy moly time intensive...haha. Probably a good thing though because it'll take me awhile to relive our amazing trip.

Hello' date=' do you happen to know if they had the towel animals on the chairs up at the pool deck? If so do you remember what day? We are going on this cruise in December. Would love to see this and take some pictures.[/quote']

Hi! I'm not sure if they did - wish I would've seen it if they did. We didn't ever go to Lido in the mornings...just MDR and then off the ship :) Have a great cruise when you go!

Katie

We been reading all your posts absolutely great pictures and very good information . We have been looking at the Southern Caribbean for our next cruise . Since seeing your posts. We are definitely looking at the Carnival Valor now. We have had it down to two other ships .But this seems really good so far . Thanks a bunch and keep them coming . We're hooked. Great job . Keep on cruising.:)

kruise runner:cool: kruise kat:)

Awww thank you! Comments like that make all the time spent sharing this totally worth it!! If you book this trip you will not regret it...it's fantastic! I mean waking up on 6 different islands in 7 days (including san juan)...incredible!

Great start, can't wait for pics and story from on board the Valor... Only 198 days to go... Sooooo Ready!!!:D

Thank you!! My next installment is finally boarding the Valor!! :) You'll have so much fun - great itinerary!!

Katie, I just have to tell you that I think your pictures are absolutely stunning!!! :) I think you could do well with landscape photography as well. :) I'm really enjoying your review and can't wait until you get the next segment done.

Holly

Awww thanks Holly!! My heart is with my babies I photograph but it was fun to shoot some landscapes on the trip :)

Must subscribe to this awesome review!!! :)

We booked this cruise but don't leave for 22 more Sundays.. just sounds so much better than 152 days... lol

Can't wait to see more..

Cathy

Thank you so much!! I counted down the same way!! "22 more mondays until st thomas"... "22 more wednesdays until barbados" haha

Have a blast!!

Doing this itinerary in January. What type of camera did you use? We're currently shopping for a new one and your pictures are great!

I was waiting for that question..... I used numerous cameras but keep in mind the camera is just a tool :) These photos aren't just right out of the camera...

I used my iphone for some.... my Canon 5d mark ii for some and my Olympus TG2 for some.. :)

Katie....your pictures are beautiful. I love reading reviews but especially the reviews that include pictures. Looking forward to more!

Thank you so much! I love reviews with pics too....hopefully I don't end up sharing too many pics. Is there any such thing?!? haha

I am really enjoying your reveiw. We decided to do this cruise for our 10th anniversary, June 2014. Last time we cruised thru San Juan it was a holiday and the forts was closed. So I am so excited about this time. I am excited for the rest of the review.

we did it for our 10th anniversary too - although we went a year late..haha. Hopefully the govt won't be shut down anymore and the forts will be back open by the time u go ;)