Red Baron for a Stingray City trip

Ilovemydachshund

• 2 weeks later...

We did stingray city with the red baron two years ago and we rate it as one of the top excursions we have done during our 14 cruises. We had done stingray city prior to that through a ship tour many years ago and the red baron was so much better. We chartered the boat for just our group for a half day so I don't know how many others will be on a regular tour. But they were really fantastic. By the way we have 5 dachshunds ourselves. Have a great time. Cindy

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone sailed with Red Baron for a Stingray City trip? Our family (10 total) will be in Grand Cayman in October and want to do a Stingray City trip. I want to make sure this will be a good trip for all.:) :)

If you book this tour please post a review...my group is doing it in November.

Thanks and happy cruising!

Has anyone sailed with Red Baron for a Stingray City trip? Our family (10 total) will be in Grand Cayman in October and want to do a Stingray City trip. I want to make sure this will be a good trip for all.:) :)

Yes, we sailed with Red Baron in March 2005.

Red Baron Charters actually has two boats. You can see them on the Grand Cayman Excursions website.

The 39 ft. boat holds up to 10 people.

The 46 ft. boat holds up to 14 people.

We were booked on the 39 ft. boat. We have a family of 5. Plus the Captain...that makes 6.

When we arrived at the pier, we were told by the Captain that they were doing some sort of work on the 39 ft boat (Red Baron)...and we would be sailing on the 46 ft boat.

This 46 ft boat that is advertised to hold up to 14 people....plus one captain....was almost tight for our group of 6. I could not imagine 9 more people on that boat. They would have to sit all over the parts of the boat that do not have seats...(don't know the technical name). Or...inside the dining area of the boat(inside!!)

So, I would recommend....that if are a group of 10, that you book the 46 ft boat. (You get the option when you book from the site)

The excursion was excellent. The Captain is excellent (Neil). Just do not load up your group of 10 on the boat that is advertised to hold 10. You will not be comfortable.

ps. There is a credit card machine right on the boat....(46 ft anyway)...for when you pay your balance.

Here is a link to my review of the cruise I was on....when we sailed on the Red Baron: There is some additional Red Baron Charter information on here..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=153109

Archived