What Cruise?

umay

Here's the Deal.

I want to take my mother on a Princess Cruise in October '05 or Jan '06.

I was hoping someone on here could give me some advice!

She has never cruised before, I have, and I have convinced her she would love it.

I think the Eastern Carribean would be something she would enjoy, she is an addicted shopper and a sun worshipper even at 74 years old.

The problem is this, she is afraid, mostly of motion sickness.

What would be the best ship for her and is one time better than the other(oct?jan)?

I would like to book a balcony or mini suite, would it be better to have an inside?

What floor and part of the ship would be best for her?

Thanks in advance!!!!

October is still in Hurricane season and you just never know what you might run into there. I would wait until January if it were me, better chance of a smoother sailing.

We have always found the Eastern Caribbean to be smoother than the Western but again, you never know what Mother Nature might dish out, there is no SAFE sailing where you are assured of calm seas.

Personally, since she has never cruised before I would go for a mini suite midship. She might be shocked if she saw the size of the inside or plain outside cabins if she is not used to staterooms.

And since she has never cruised, make sure to bring along something for her to take just in case. At the age she is I would have her consult her doctor first if she is taking any other medications though.

Best of Luck, I hope you find a great cruise.

October is still in Hurricane season and you just never know what you might run into there. I would wait until January if it were me, better chance of a smoother sailing.

We have always found the Eastern Caribbean to be smoother than the Western but again, you never know what Mother Nature might dish out, there is no SAFE sailing where you are assured of calm seas.

Personally, since she has never cruised before I would go for a mini suite midship. She might be shocked if she saw the size of the inside or plain outside cabins if she is not used to staterooms.

And since she has never cruised, make sure to bring along something for her to take just in case. At the age she is I would have her consult her doctor first if she is taking any other medications though.

Best of Luck, I hope you find a great cruise.

AMEN! I completely agree with Toto on every point.

One more thing: Try to get a mid-ship cabin.

Have a great cruise!

B

Go on the Caribbean Princess the first or 8th of October ....the ship is very large ...the price is right...less children....great weather.....we have sailed for the past five years in the first week of October and the weather has been great....also the seas have been very kind! Go for it~:)

Weather is unpredictable; I sailed in September and the seas were like glass, and I sailed in January and the weather was terrible. It's just a crapshoot. The only thing is that January is nice to get away from cold weather, and as long as you're not going the first week or two in January, the amount of kids onboard should be at a minimum.

I surprised my Mom and sister with a cruise on the Grand Princess two years ago, and I booked a mini-suite. We all loved it. So much more room and it's nice having a full size bathroom with a bathtub. Even if you just shower, it's so much easier than the small showers in the balcony cabins.

Whatever you choose, have a great cruise. My sister and my Mom still talk about how wonderful our trip was.

Archived