Sharks and snorkelling???

MsMolly

OP, my daughter, now in her mid-thirties, has always been afraid of spiders. It doesn't matter how many rational explanations she's given, she's simply deadly afraid of them. Ocean swimming, however, doesn't phase her in the slightest.

A diver and snorkeler, I've no fear of sharks and, like many here, could provide your husband all sorts of sound reasons why he shouldn't worry. But as in my daughter's case, that might be a waste of time. Perhaps you should change the focus to getting him to let the teenagers go snorkeling while he remains safely ashore or aboard a snorkeling excursion boat. Maybe in time he'll realize that everyone else is having fun and no one is being ravaged by crazed sharks.

Just make sure that he doesn't watch reruns of Jaws! :)

Thanks for your suggestion...he may end up staying on the boat once the time arrives no matter what he decides ahead of time. The kids are so excited about going that I doubt he will miss it no matter how bad his fear is. Will he last long in the water??? I really doubt it! Definitely not going to be watching JAWS reruns!!!