Wind review 6/22-7/2

NCmom

We're just back from our cruise and post-stay in Wakiki. It was a wonderful cruise, as several others have already posted.

SHIP: I really liked the size of the Wind. The ship can be interesting to navigate, so I would recommend spending time the first day just walking around. They offer several walking tours the first day, but we arrived too late to do these. The ship shows wear in some areas, and I noticed a few smells in the public areas, but they do a good job of keeping the ship clean.

CABIN: We had two connecting cabins on Deck 4--Category F. I loved the location--very convenient when getting off the ship. It was also easy to catch an elevator, since there were no lower cabins on ship. We usually book upper decks, but this trip has converted us. There were only 4 small drawers in the cabin, but with the shelving in the closet, we had no trouble stowing our stuff for the trip.

FOOD: I thought the food was much better than I expected. I love to try new things on a cruise, especially seafood. we ate most meals in the Terraces--smaller restaurant, and no shorts allowed. We didn't even try for Le Bistro reservations. We tried three times to eat at La Trattoria, but each time the wait exceeded 1 hour. I loved the chilled soups.

STAFF: I thought everyone was very helpful and friendly. We had an excellent waitress in the Terraces=Geetha. OUr room steward, Cecil, did a great job in the room--he noticed we had a cooler for our sodas so he kept it stocked with ice. The Cruise Director was very visible and very perky.

KIDS CLUB: We signed DD up for this, but she didn't attend. She seemed to find the activities too young for her, plus she didn't like the idea that a parent had to sign her in and out. She's 12, almost 13 so that is a hard age. We spent time together doing some of the activities, etc. so it was a great family trip.

PORTS: We rented cars from National at all ports except Kona. Great experiences with this. I'll probably post more on the Hawaii board.

ITEMS I DIDN"T USE: Any of the over the door organizers, power strip, and night light

ITEMS I'M GLAD I HAD: Water wallet from prior cruise

ITEMS I WISH I HAD TAKEN: CD for listening to in rental cars--radio service could be sketchy on the islands, large bath sheet (they were a little skimpy on the towels); insulated mug (the glasses in the sports bar were juice glass-sized)

We stayed post-cruise at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Wakiki==very busy place--the hotel and the area.

It really was a wonderful cruise. It exceeded all of my expectations. I look forward to our next NCL cruise on the Majesty.

I'd be happy to answer any questions.

ITEMS I DIDN"T USE: Any of the over the door organizers, power strip, and night light

A power strip and night light are on my list of things to take next month so I'm curious why you didn't need them.

Did you have more than 1 electrical outlet in the cabin area or did you just not need to plug in more than 2 items at a time?

Was there a source of light in your cabin at night so you didn't need the night light?

There are two outlets at the vanity area, and we didn't need any more outlets-I didn't pack a blow dryer, curling iron, etc. and we only charged our phone, so we really didn't have a lot to plug in.

We had light from the windows, and then just kept the bathroom light on during the night (the nightlight wouldn't fit the shaver plug in the bathroom).

• 4 weeks later...

We had Verizon and had service everytime I used in on the islands. When we started sailing to Fanning, we lost service very quickly. The morning after we sailed from Hilo, it was gone. We got it back the morning we arrived in Kauai.

I have the dailies, but have no idea how to post them. Someone had posted the 11 night just before I left, and they were very similar. Sorry I don't know how.

Archived