Explorer - need cabin with connecting balcony- HELP

I need a room that connects or a balcony that connects on the Explorer.

I just got off the phone with RCCL. They do not have any connecting rooms but they do have rooms that our next to each other.

I then asked if the balconies can connect and he informed me NO. I thought they did. Does anyone know if they do and if so does it depend on what deck and what catagory room (JS vs D1 or D1 vs E1).

Thanks

RCI does not allow for the balconies to be "opened". Why I don't know, but my guess would be safety issues... You could also go for a balcony and then a promenade... It would be cheaper and you would be direcly across the hall from whomever you are traveling with...

Hi,

Explorer does have connecting rooms. Perhaps the date of your sailing they are all booked. We sailed in April 2005 and had E1 rooms 7606, 7608. The kids were in one room we were in the other. The door between the two cabins was unlocked but you could close the door for privacy. I hope this helps.

Hi,

My family always has adjoining rooms with balcony's and yes we did have adjoining rooms on the Explorer. I would get the rooms side by side if that is the cruise you want to take, it wasn't often that we used the adjoining door, (mainly because both my son's usually had a suitcase or something to trip over) so we would just get keys for each others room and go in out that way. As far as the balcony, no they do not open between them, but we would sit and talk with each other all the time, and when standing up against the rail you can see each other.... hope this helps with your decision!

We booked the explorer a year inadvance and got the last connecting doubles. we also had to get connecting triples but that wasn't as problematic as the doubles.

One irritation RCL does is allows people the ability to reserve a cabin that connects to another one, when they don't NEED the connection to the other cabin. (Did I get my point across??) Why have connecting cabins onboard if you're not going to hold them for that type of request. After a certain time frame you "release" them for sale to any passenger.

Does that make sense to anyone else out there or I'm I just nuts!

One irritation RCL does is allows people the ability to reserve a cabin that connects to another one, when they don't NEED the connection to the other cabin. (Did I get my point across??) Why have connecting cabins onboard if you're not going to hold them for that type of request. After a certain time frame you "release" them for sale to any passenger.

Does that make sense to anyone else out there or I'm I just nuts!

I AGREE!! I got the last connecting set of verandah rooms for my trip this summer, but when I looked at available rooms there were plenty of 1/2 sets of connectors available with the other side booked. It wasn't a case of the pasenger getting the last mid ship available or other location issues....in that case a passenger should get to take the room. Instead a connector would be booked with single rooms next door, 2 doors down etc. available and open.

Having the 3rd child already increases the cost exponentially more than a 2nd child.....please don't make us say home by only leaving 1/2 a set of connecting rooms available as long as there are equivilent choices in single rooms. I read here many times someone is upset that RCI put them in a connecting room and they are concerned with noise. RCI, why not not offer those rooms as long as the rooms next door are available?

Archived